IGNORED

Elektronite's blackmail attempt

GroovyBee

As some of you may have sensed my Hover Bovver deal with Elektronite went sour. I'm not going to go into all the details now you can read the whole PMs further down.

You might have seen on another site a bunch of allegations and outright lies made about me from Willy and the deal with Elektronite. Here is the PM he sent to me last Monday :-

post-21935-0-07254400-1380065772_thumb.png <---- Click to enlarge

It was a blatant blackmail threat so I reported it to Albert. To be honest I was both shocked and disgusted that Willy would turn his hand to blackmail. However, maybe it wasn't that much of a surprise after his and Valter's attempts to discredit me in my Rocketeer thread. This is how the blackmail panned out :-

post-21935-0-17498100-1380065880_thumb.png <--- Click to enlarge

I thought long and hard to compose a suitable reply but words literally did fail me.

These are the whole PMs from the Hover Bovver deal. Since the gloves are off I'll be judged by what actually happened and not bullshit and hearsay.

Proposal_-_AtariAge_Forums_-_Page_1.png <---- Click to enlarge

Proposal_-_AtariAge_Forums_-_Page_2.png <---- Click to enlarge

Proposal_-_AtariAge_Forums_-_Page_3.png <---- Click to enlarge

Proposal_-_AtariAge_Forums_-_Page_4.png <---- Click to enlarge

Proposal_-_AtariAge_Forums_-_Page_5_(Ema <---- Click to enlarge

Proposal_-_AtariAge_Forums_-_Page_6.png <---- Click to enlarge

Proposal_-_AtariAge_Forums_-_Page_7_(Ema <---- Click to enlarge

Proposal_-_AtariAge_Forums_-_Page_8.png <---- Click to enlarge

Proposal_-_AtariAge_Forums_-_Page_9.png <---- Click to enlarge

Proposal_-_AtariAge_Forums_-_Page_10.png <---- Click to enlarge

Proposal_-_AtariAge_Forums_-_Page_11.png <---- Click to enlarge

When the game was done I sent this PM to Willy and Valter :-

post-21935-0-45873700-1380070821_thumb.png <---- Click to enlarge

My apologies for airing the dirty laundry on the sour deal. But if somebody makes serious allegations against me in public I'll defend myself with the whole story in public.

Anyways.... I'll finish on a high note so heres a video of the game :-

• Like 2

I read the whole thing, and to be honest, that's not what I see.

I see you were dissatisfied with the first milestone ROM you got from GroovyBee, but did not complain about it right away. Rather you mentioned the problem much later, when things were already sour.

I see that you defined the first milestone as "the game is half-completed", but didn't give a precise definition. GroovyBee interpreted it as "half of the features of the final game are done", which sounds reasonable to me. If you wanted a game that's almost complete but with only half of the levels, you should have said so -- and GroovyBee would probably have refused the offer, since getting to that point is about 90% of the work, so it's not a reasonable first milestone.

I see you were angry about the schedule not being met and GroovyBee working on other projects, but it appears there was no definite schedule in the contract, and at first you felt GroovyBee was working too quickly.

I see you wanted work-in-progress ROMs, but this wasn't in the contract either, and GroovyBee was probably worried about giving away work with no guaranteed payment.

Basically, the whole thing looks like you and GroovyBee assumed different things, and the contract wasn't detailed enough to prevent that from happening.

Now, take a deep breath, have a walk, whatever. The game is done, GroovyBee can probably post a limited demo to prove it, it would be a shame to scrap it. If you walk away you'll end up losing money. But if you and GroovyBee can agree, you'll have your game, and both sides will be satisfied.

• Like 12

I agree that I was not as specific as needed to be with Mark. My idea of the game half done, is not what 'milestone' rom gave me.

Half done and 2 working levels includes sound! And DOG AI!

I later asked him for the Milestone rom, and he told me 'you already have it'. I could see that complaining at that time would be counter productive.

Who pays for a game without ever seeing it during development? Certainly not me. I expect to be dealt with in an honest manner. I deal with my programmers in the same way.

Perhaps we both should have been more clear on our expectations. However, It is time to delete this thread if you really want to deal.

• Like 1

Albert, respectfully, I do not think that it is appropriate for you to be "liking" messages in this thread while you are acting as the mediator in this dispute. It gives the impression of bias. Furthermore, I have not seen a response from you or GroovyBee explaining why Willy was not notified that GroovyBee had sent you a ROM. I actually knew about the ROM before Willy did, which is clearly unacceptable.

• Like 1

Albert, respectfully, I do not think that it is appropriate for you to be "liking" messages in this thread while you are acting as the mediator in this dispute. It gives the impression of bias.

I think Zerosquare's post is one of the more levelheaded responses in this thread, and that's the only reason I "Liked" the post. But I went ahead and Unliked it.

..Al

• Like 2

Everyone needs to chill. Cmart is correct, this and the other thread need to be locked. The dirty laundry has been aired and it is between willy, mark and Albert as mediator to get things worked out. constant fighting back and forth wont get the games released any faster, so everyone just relax. Again I agree with Cmart time to lock the thread and move foward.

• Like 1