All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Sure, we can count prototypes! Save Mary is already on our lists but we can add Snow White. Added: Snow White!
  3. Xenomorph II Colors: 10 Atari8man_Xenomorph_3.xex
  4. Intel builds the world's first AI brain https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/newsroom/news/intel-builds-worlds-largest-neuromorphic-system.html#gs.87zzw9
  5. Not an informed answer. But, I think the dev who yanked things was mostly involved with arcade cores. So, not a biggie for me since I test homebrew with the MiSTer. It's the fact it could happen again with cores that I DO regularly use that worries me. I hope they find some sort of compromise where update_all only creates or updates existing cores/files. Had no idea it could remove them.
  6. Eventually there will be an updated cart, but the original carts will still be available. Here is a picture of the board that came in the other day, to show the size comparison. Some things needed changing so there is a new revision coming in a week or so.
  7. The details (such as they are) on Ocean Software'brief attempt to have a UK C64 version : https://www.gamesthatwerent.com/gtw64/victory-road-uk-version/
  8. "No more DIP" sounds more like "PLCC and other packaging will be available". This is also how I understood Thom. And then you could go this way - either by incorporating the traces directly on your board or using it piggybacked:
  9. Cherries colors: 60 plus src Atari8man_NTSC_Cherries.xex Atari8man_Pal_Cherries.xex
  10. The 5v rails that supply the track 0 sensor had failed under the small electrolytic caps (pretty much all the 47uF 16v). They’d leaked and damaged the board through plating and needed quite a bit of cleanup… all good now 😎 If anybody has a user manual to download that would be amazing… found one but the link doesn’t work anymore.
  11. Will have a hunt around for this, thanks, as it may be the best option if it runs on a TI I have 1 x gotek & 3 x 5.25" attached to the TI (+TIPI +IDEv3) so I assume I could use it? Many thanks
  12. So many options... I don't think for these disks in particular there's much point in worrying about a bit for bit copy? The more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards using floppy disk images on the gotek (and copying from disk to disk) AND making file copies into folders on the TIPT (for easy access)
  13. Do you mean on the right or vertical clearance? I’ve moved the headers inside the board now so if it’s space to the right rather than vertical that will work.
  14. Today
  15. Because on the other side I can’t use the hot plate anymore, I am not planning on doing it fully by hand one by one.
  16. I'm not sure I see how soldering SMD components on two sides is any more difficult than just using one side. That BGA chip is the tricky one in my opinion.
  17. NUC and an 800. The 800 is too a tight fit to use connectors to attack to the 90° header. It would be nice to be able to use a connector. I've not found any reason to use Quad POKEYs or any of the other goodies with the 800. If I want to run modern demos I can use my 1088XEL or NUC.
  18. Thanks. The sophia2 is needed to generate the pal video circuitry. If I remove it to pop a pal gtia chip in there than I'll just get black and white and no colour, so afaik not going to be useful in the diagnosis. I guess I could swap out the system crystal for it's original ntsc one, pop ntsc gtia and antic chips back in and see if the overdriven display issue is there, as I'll have ntsc colour. Thinking about it, I have a feeling that I had checked the 2nd 600xl board with the din5 before I converted it to pal, and the overdrive was there. I am a little reluctant to pull the pal system clock crystal again to swap it out temporarily, etc, as I only have one for each 600xl, I don't wanna risk stressing the legs, as they are extremely hard to come by. With the colour pot as I say I am not expecting, when on dvi/sophia2 output, to turn the colour pot and see anything change on screen. But I was assuming that, when hooked up/switched to din5 composite out, the colour pot would be functioning to adjust the image for said composite output. Perhap this only happens whwen the original pal video passive components are in place, but given I thought sophia2 covered these, I assumed the pot would function in legacy video. Seems not(?)
  19. The problem is really that TIA sucks with melodies (out of tune) and excels with percussions. Baby elephant walk is from 1961. So it has the same problem as Spanish flea. Besides... If you listen to this one channels. The bass + percussions is ok. But the melody solo is pretty terrible and out of tune. BW_c02.mp3
  20. Please don't do the board two-SMD-sided, will make home DIY soldering much more difficult (for me at least 😉).
  21. Everyone says that this game will not fit the original lore without knowing much about the story of Yars Rising. I also don't know much but I still strongly disagree. The original story comes down to humans sending flies to space where they find superpowers to fight the mysterious Qotile enemy. Now, if you don't want another space shooter, the concept of a human infiltrating the Qotile base with the help of the Yars and their superpowers to hack and destroy e.g. their swirl (Qo)technology or whatever seems to be the only logical and fitting gameplay idea for a sequel you could think of! It just makes sense in every way.
  22. I can't check soon, but I am rather sure that Sophia does not care about the POT input, note that the POT modded signal feeds directly into GTIA, not the post GTIA video processing circuitry. Why don't you stick a stock GTIA in there to see what happens?
  23. Happy wife, happy wife. ... I'm going with it. Salmon swim upstream but many die. my 2 cents!
  24. Defective Design and implementation, I'd say all these need to be returned to the manufacturer. That's the fix, there is no other unless you make your own guts and use a center pilot/pivot hole and pin.
  25. It might be the zero track sensor. I literally had almost the same issue today and after replacing the sensor the drive is good as gold. Have you checked that? Easiest way to check is disconnected the connector from the 1050 motherboard and see if you get the same behaviour. If you do, then it's likely the sensor.
  26. This project worked right out of the box as they say. 1. I copied CD.SYS to the my SYSTEM directory on the Book 8088. 2. I edited the config.sys on the Book 8088 to include device=c:\system\cd.sys 3. Rebooted the book 8088. 4. The card drive was assigned as drive E: (I use a USB stick as drive D:) My test was to insert the Portfolio File Manager card and read it. When typing the DIR command, the light on the card drive blinks and the contents of the card is displayed. I have not tried to write to a card at this point. This beautiful card drive came from a recent eBay purchase that was to include a "new in box" Atari Portfolio and PC card drive. I do believe the card drive was new in box. Unfortunately, the Portfolio has broken latches and it had corroded "Kirkland" (Costco) batteries inside, so I would imagine the batteries weren't nearly as old as the Portfolio. The Portfolio was inside what seemed to be a sealed original box. So far, the Portfolio does not boot. If the seller was honest, then they were "taken" by someone else. Fortunately, I have a couple of working Atari Portfolio computers in my collection. I'm happy because I got the working card drive, a 64k memory card, all the original beautiful boxes and manuals, and even a PBASE card and manual with this lot.
  1. Load more activity