IGNORED

"Tempest 2000" Emulator that isn't Project Tempest - Yak Approved!

JFD62780

Hi, JFD here! Forgive me for not posting in at least a couple years' time, but I just discovered something: The perfect emulator for Tempest 2000! I did it while surfing Llamasoft's official Website! The weird thing is its official page is, of all places, a YakYak topic! Being that it's on YakYak, even Jeff "Yak" Minter plays it from time to time! :cool:

The emulator is specially coded by Dio of the YakYak forums, to run T2K smoother than ever, locking the framerate at a solid 60 frames a second! :-o It even perfectly draws the smooth goraud shading of the Tempest 2000 web in its millions of shades! The only flaw I see is that it still plays the in-between level warp sound effect an octave too low in pitch. It's still a great emulator however! According to the "official homepage", the emulator also supports the Virtual Light Machine. It isn't quite recommended to try most other Jag games; the author only mainly focused on T2K, saying any other games might not quite be top priority...

Let me know what you at Atari Age think! :D

PS: If this belongs in the Emulators section, please forgive me for posting it here... I thought it that good, for even the creator of T2K to be playing it...

Edited by JFD62780

I've seen that before. It DOES a good job with T2K - so if you're ever travelling with your laptop and want to play T2K, it does the trick.

The only problem is that it doesn't run much else. It can half-arse run D2K's 2000 mode, and not much else.

Hi, JFD here! Forgive me for not posting in at least a couple years' time, but I just discovered something: The perfect emulator for Tempest 2000! I did it while surfing Llamasoft's official Website! The weird thing is its official page is, of all places, a YakYak topic! Being that it's on YakYak, even Jeff "Yak" Minter plays it from time to time! :cool:

The emulator is specially coded by Dio of the YakYak forums, to run T2K smoother than ever, locking the framerate at a solid 60 frames a second! :-o It even perfectly draws the smooth goraud shading of the Tempest 2000 web in its millions of shades! The only flaw I see is that it still plays the in-between level warp sound effect an octave too low in pitch. It's still a great emulator however! According to the "official homepage", the emulator also supports the Virtual Light Machine. It isn't quite recommended to try most other Jag games; the author only mainly focused on T2K, saying any other games might not quite be top priority...

Let me know what you at Atari Age think! :D

PS: If this belongs in the Emulators section, please forgive me for posting it here... I thought it that good, for even the creator of T2K to be playing it...

I missed this one. Thanks for the link.

Thousands, not millions. AFAIK Tempest 2000 runs in 16-bit CrY mode.

Dangit... I rented the thing with an RF adapter the day of my confirmation (May 20, 1994), so the thing was distorted enough for me to consider it smooth. Anyway, the emulator itself might actually be running in full 32bpp mode, because I see perfect colorblending, unlike Project Tempest, where the shades depicted there are all too obvious! O.o

Edited by JFD62780