IGNORED

CGE 2007 + AtariAge = ?

Jeffy Arensmeyer

Hey Everyone. This post is mostly directed at the Als, but some input from everyone here would be nice too.

It's looking like the CGE 2007 is going to be the first classic expo I get to attend. My friend and I have typically gone to E3, but since it's gone pseudo-private, it's tough to get into now. Thus, we're using our resources this year to go to CGE 2007, especially since it's in Vegas.

We all know of the rivers of bad blood among individuals, factions and entire groups and owners of AtariAge and Digital Press. But what is the likelyhood that AtariAge will have a booth at CGE 2007?

My reasoning for asking is simple. Whether no one "here or there" gets along with "him or her", it's still an execellent opportunity to show your wares and meet collectors from all forums. It would seem that as many or more people from the midwest versus the east coast could attend.

My friend and I have limited resources and make a "jump" like this once a year. And with E3 toasted, we've decided on CGE 2007. We would like to meet people from and see an AtariAge booth. It's probably our once a year chance to actually meet the people that make it run. Since this is the 10th Anniversary of CGE, there's sure to be even more people than usual and 10 years is quite a benchmark.

This isn't a request to bury all hatchets and start over, but an opportunity like this should really be evaluated.

And please, let's not turn this into a "classic gaming horror story forum". If there's something that someone said or did and it absolutely has to be mentioned, please find the old link and post it, but don't reiterate it here. I'm really just wanting to meet everyone on both sides. Call me selfish, but I'm not the only person that would benefit if AtariAge attends.

Thanx,

Jeff   ò¿ó   :ponder:

I would dearly love to see Atari Age at the show; I'm very much looking forward to meeting Al in person as well as many other people. I know I haven't posted much here (I need to rectify that!), but I love this site and everything it has done for the VG community, like all the righteous homebrews, the research that has uncovered forgotten prototypes, and very helpful information (e.g. AtariAge helped me to organize my collection properly! See the pics of the plastic storage containers in my collection pictures at http://videogamecollectors.com/gallery/Kev...gaming-chamber). I'm in your debt!

Come on out to Vegas, guys! Let's hang! It'll be a blast!

Edited by k8track

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
That kind of blows. Maybe it has more to do with the fact that Albert is really busy and can't fit this into his schedule, than this old fued remaining strong. :ponder:

It could also be that Albert isn't bringing stuff from Texas to Las Vegas anymore. He's now in Ohio, which - look at a map - is a lot further east now. The shipping charges have got to be insane and driving a truck out would be tedious.