IGNORED

Adventure II is done ... new demo

Cafeman

http://cafeman.www9.50megs.com/atari/5200d...dventureII.html

As I mentioned in a lower thread, here is a demo for you to play as we wait for the carts to finish production and be shipped. There is more info at the link above, including a link to the game's instrcutions, taken from the manual.

**EDIT -- if you want to try the alternate icons (remember the contest), you'll have to unlock them. The manual gives a clue "there is a special year that is dear to the hearts of Adventure fans. Enter it on the title screen to unlock something!" Then use the # key (or corresponding associated emulator key , the '-' key to right of the "0" on Atari800win) to change icons.

Edited by Cafeman

Congratulations, Ron. I've been following this from almost the beginning, and I know how hard you've worked on this, and the temporary setbacks you faced.

I really hope you are proud - and that this game reaches popularity levels higher than your wildest expectations. :)

Bob

I think this might be my first homebrew purchase (not counting the CC2)... Now I'll have to dig out the 5200!

Thanks for all the hard work! I bet you feel it was all worth it!

I'm just glad I'm not the one who has to scrape, clean, solder, and ship (I did it with Koffi: Yellow Kopter's first 100 .. EGADS that grew old fast).

I feel very satisfied with the game. The project hardly went as I had expected, and took 2 years longer than I'd have ever guessed, but I was just playing the game last night, and I enjoyed it even after 4 years of programming it (and I was using stock 5200 controller which tends to lean to the left!) As other homebrewers can attest, the authors can't enjoy a game quite like others can, since we know how the game thinks and can thus defeat it. So I tend to use randomness and elevated difficulties to make the game still fun for me -- but don't worry, there are easier and harder variations in Adventure II. Still ... I hope you are all eaten many times.

Remember there was not only a contest for Alternate Icons ... and at one point, I didn't think I'd have the memory to include them ... but also one for Rankings. There are different rankings for when you RESET and quit out of a game and others for returning the Chalice to the first Castle. The rankings idea is directly attributed to the rankings from Star Raiders and GORF .. I always loved that feature.

BTW, what is the recommended emulator for the demo? I'm using Atari800Win PLus 4.0 in 5200 mode and the character won't pick anything up. He just walks right through everything.

I use version 3, but if that is happening, it must be a setting turning off collisions. Look in the options or press ALT+Q to toggle them on again, that will probably fix it.