IGNORED

Kickle Cubicle on 2600?

atari2600land

You guys have heard of the "internet," right?

It's a NES game.

Yeah, I got that. What I haven't figured out yet is how to play it, or Atari2600land's specific ideas on how to convert it to the 2600. Obviously, a straight up conversion of the NES title is impossible. But specific stages or the general gameplay might be convertable. His mockup looks like something that might be possible with a bit of rejiggering, but first we need to know what it's supposed to represent. :)

You guys have heard of the "internet," right?

It's a NES game.

Yeah, I got that. What I haven't figured out yet is how to play it, or Atari2600land's specific ideas on how to convert it to the 2600. Obviously, a straight up conversion of the NES title is impossible. But specific stages or the general gameplay might be convertable. His mockup looks like something that might be possible with a bit of rejiggering, but first we need to know what it's supposed to represent. :)

You try to save the flashing teddy bears (or...?) in ice land. You can freeze enemies to turn them into blocks of ice, which you can then push into the water to create new platforms to walk on. You can also make ice pillars (?) which block enemy movement.

It's probably doable with the Pengo kernel; there are probably too many objects on screen for the Ixion kernel. Does Pengo use extra RAM? I assume it does, though I don't recall offhand.

EDIT: The main problem with using the Pengo kernel is that the KC screen is ~15x15 tiles, while the Pengo screen is ~11x8 or somesuch, so all the puzzles/levels would have to be scaled down.

Edited by vdub_bobby

EDIT: The main problem with using the Pengo kernel is that the KC screen is ~15x15 tiles, while the Pengo screen is ~11x8 or somesuch, so all the puzzles/levels would have to be scaled down.

Yeah, I kinda figured the puzzles would have to be scaled down for the 2600. As for the description, I turned off my computer for the night last night at about 8 pm Pacific time. Vdub Bobby got it right.