IGNORED

Tringo

phaxda

So... I have been having fun playing a little of that Non-Infringing Russian Block Game and also at the same time, I have been playing lots of Tringo on Second Life.

I don't know if anyone here has ever played Tringo before: it's a game played with Block Game-like pieces on a 5x5 square grid. The simple object of the game is to make rectangles or squares with the pieces. Anyway, between the two I was wondering if Tringo could ever be done on a classic console. It seems simple enough, but I am no programmer and know that these things are rarely easy. I'd be interested to hear if it would even be considered possible. Still, I just thought I would throw it out there as an idea. The game is now available on Gameboy Advance & received some notoriety for being the first game developed in a virtual world, etc. I believe that the original author, Nathan Keir, has retained all the rights, etc. though.

Anyway, I enjoy this game and thought it might be a neat project for someone who was programatically inclined. Just to make it clear: I am not idea-pedddling, I don't expect anyone to make this game for me or give me credit or royalties or anything. The only thing I expect is maybe everyone to tell me something like "are you serious? No way to do that." You can read more about Tringo at: http://triki.tringoweb.com/triki/tiki-inde...ge=WhatIsTringo

Among other places.

Also, if anyone here codes in Second Life, I have an idea for the game that could possibly be a "Tringo-Killer". I've been mainly looking within Second Life for a partner in this, but I know there's a talented group here!

Edited by phaxda