IGNORED

Atari 400 Chess Proto Raffle

toddst

Update: Due to complete lack of interest from the forum for the raffle, I decided to cancel it. Back into my collection the cart goes...

I hope that it is okay that I am posting this here rather than in the buying/selling forum. Moderators, please feel free to move this post if this is an issue, but I thought that it makes more sense to post this here.

I need to raise a bit of cash for car repairs and a vacation (and every little bit counts), so I decided that it is time to unload this Atari Chess cart, which, based on the post linked below, I discovered is a proto. Please note that I have not dumped the rom or opened the cart so if I am wrong and it is not a proto, you are entering this raffle at your own risk based on the information available on this page. If you have any questions, please PM me. Also, I would like to note, that when loading this game, I could not see any difference between this version and the released version.

The raffle will take place on Feb 25th at the NECG trademeet in Boston, MA. I will announce the winner on this post soon after the drawing takes place. (See http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101815 for more information about NECG)

Here is how the raffle will work. It does not matter whether or not you attend the trademeet. I will mail the cart to the winner free of charge. Each raffle ticket costs $1. You can paypal the cash to me at 321todd@gmail.com. You can buy mutiple tickets if you want. On the day of the raffle at NECG (Feb. 25, 2006), I am going to print out all the paypal receipts. If you bought more than one ticket, I will print out multiple receipts. I am going to fold all receipts in the exact same manner, put them in a dark plastic bag, and head to the NECG meet. Sometime while at the meet, we will hold the drawing. I will shake up the bag, and the tallest NECG member at the meet will pick out a piece of paper at random, and the winner of the cart will be announced.

If you are attending NECG and would rather give me cash in person, that is fine. I will write your name on a piece of paper (exactly the same size and type as the paypal receipts), fold it, and place it in the plastic bag.

If you question whether or not I will be fair and honest in this drawing, do not bother to buy a raffle ticket.

Pics of the cart side by side with released version of the Chess cart:

chess1.jpg

chess2.jpg

More info on the cart can be found here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...19&hl=chess

Edited by toddst

So cause your not getting enough tickets sold in 3 DAYS even though you didn't state a minimum amount of tickets to be sold you cancel? That sucks.

I canceled the raffle because zero raffle tickets were sold. I had no minimum as you suggest. Even if one ticket was sold, I would have kept the raffle going even if that meant that shipping would have cost me more than cash that came in from the raffle tickets. I decided that after the post got about 100 views and no one bought a ticket, that it was fair for me to cancel it since no one seemed interested.

So cause your not getting enough tickets sold in 3 DAYS even though you didn't state a minimum amount of tickets to be sold you cancel? That sucks.

I canceled the raffle because zero raffle tickets were sold. I had no minimum as you suggest. Even if one ticket was sold, I would have kept the raffle going even if that meant that shipping would have cost me more than cash that came in from the raffle tickets. I decided that after the post got about 100 views and no one bought a ticket, that it was fair for me to cancel it since no one seemed interested.

Looked like Tempest was interested in it to me..