IGNORED

WinNES a.k.a. RockNESX. Project closed.

NESMan

Hello, everyone,

I'm new here. I would like for you all to try out the well known revamped version of RockNESX withc this emulator I'm about to post is a tribute to the RockNESX. It's called "WinNES". The very first user friendly, fast, and easy to use NES emulator with the least problems. I hope you enjoy.

Thanks

-Chris.

NOTE: THIS IS A BETA VERSION. THIS IS BETA 1.

Update: As of Feb 27th, 2007 at 2:47 PM PST, WinNES has been taken off due to a minor bug that needs to be fixed. Please bear with me. It will be fixed soon!

Edited by NESMan

Let me clear up some things. Yes, its based off of RockNESX 2.0. This is a tribute to the long lasted yet never updated since '02 RockNESX. This next realese, i will make note of it it the about window.

Edited by NESMan

Let me clear things up once again. It's not fraud only if this; I call it mine. I wouldn't say "Let me clear up some things. Yes, its based off of RockNESX 2.0. This is a tribute to the long lasted yet never updated since '02 RockNESX. This next realese, i will make note of it it the about window." and I'll say this again. Am I sure if it's closed or open source? no. But do I know who made RockNESX? yes. Is this revamped UI version of "RockNESX" mine? NO. The UI part of it is mine. All WinNES is, is a code named for this project. It will soon be named RockNESX-32 or.... THis is a tribute to Alexandre da Veiga who is the maker of ROckNESX. Since I figured it was never updated for 4 or so years, I figured to make it more easier. Now if you guys want, I can send you the plan of my project. Reasons why I took it off. 1. Welcome window would not resize. 2. I need to put in what this emulator is based off of. 3. video and aduio upgrade work is being done. So as for you, you need to quit posting this junk about me with my story about why I showed the board this emulator. If you want to get personal with me, I rather you email me at TheWinWizard88@aol.com. Than we can talk about this if you'd like. Thanks to all that took time in reading my explanation.

Yeah, and Nestopia is a great system. But coloring seems to be a bit off to me anyways. And I want to use RockNESX witch is more based off of Win 32 PE so I can re vamp the UI. The maker of RockNESX was even notified about my project code named WinNES. So the maker of RockNESX knows what I'm up to. Now maybe later after this short WinNES project is done, than it gives me a lead way for me to make my own multi emulator based of that interface you seen on WinNES.

Let me clear up some things. Yes, its based off of RockNESX 2.0. This is a tribute to the long lasted yet never updated since '02 RockNESX. This next realese, i will make note of it it the about window.

"Based"? The CORE is a BYTE FOR BYTE COPY. A modified UI does NOT make it your own.

For those who want to support the real author(s) of the RockNES emulator and its continued development, please see here:

http://rocknes.kinox.org/

Use "the real" RockNES and support a "real" author. Additionally, as Scream And Fly mentioned and my personal favorite, you can try the feature rich and most accurate NES emulator, Nestopia, here:

http://nestopia.sourceforge.net/

-Trebor

Oh, and NESMan changing your first post today to add:

"I would like for you all to try out the well known revamped version of RockNESX withc this emulator I'm about to post is a tribute to the RockNESX".

Doesn't make anything better. For future reference, this board does tell everyone reading when a post was last modified :roll:

-Trebor

"I would like for you all to try out the well known revamped version of RockNESX withc this emulator I'm about to post is a tribute to the RockNESX".

Doesn't make anything better. For future reference, this board does tell everyone reading when a post was last modified :roll:

-Trebor

I see your point throughout this thread, but now you're going over the edge a little. You called him out for not saying that it was based on RockNES, and now you're pissed because he edited his post to say just that? :roll: I'd almost say you're trolling at this point...:ponder:

His initial posts may have seemed disingenuous, but he's certainly more than clear now about what he's doing and his intentions.

Yeah, and Nestopia is a great system. But coloring seems to be a bit off to me anyways. And I want to use RockNESX witch is more based off of Win 32 PE so I can re vamp the UI. The maker of RockNESX was even notified about my project code named WinNES. So the maker of RockNESX knows what I'm up to. Now maybe later after this short WinNES project is done, than it gives me a lead way for me to make my own multi emulator based of that interface you seen on WinNES.

I'm an NES fanatic. I own over 600 real NES games and play them on my NES consoles all the time. I know a good emulator when I see one, and I've tried them all since NESticle in 1997. My old favorite was FCE Ultra, which is still very good, but Nestopia beats it. For accuracy, control, and timing, Nestopia is the best. The only issue I see with it is a very slight red channel color inaccuracy, but that's easily corrected in about 30 seconds with the color channel adjustments Nestopia allows.

I'm glad to see NES emulator development continuing, but Nestopia is far ahead of the others in terms of features, mapper support, and compatibility.

As for this discussion - not cool to steal the work of others and claim it as your own. Not cool at all.

Greg

Edited by Scream And Fly

-Trebor

I see your point throughout this thread, but now you're going over the edge a little. You called him out for not saying that it was based on RockNES, and now you're pissed because he edited his post to say just that? :roll: I'd almost say you're trolling at this point...:ponder:

His initial posts may have seemed disingenuous, but he's certainly more than clear now about what he's doing and his intentions.

Understood. However, by editing and adding the aforementioned line to the his initial post, it gives the impression that he made it clear that it is "based" off of RockNES X from the getgo, and there would have been no point of me stating what I did. That indeed is not the case. His original statement was it is his emulator and his work. It is far from that.

I'm not trying to troll anyone or anything - I was just looking out for the hard work of dedicated emulator programmer(s).

-Trebor

What I started the first post, thats my mistake. I got what I had coming for my actions. Therefore, Trebor, "WinNES" a.k.a. RockNESX can be completely removed. The download link you have has to go. I've made my correction of this problem. My mistake agian. Now rather or not how far you personally want to take this is up to you. You can keep this up for years for all I care. Atleast I made my correction on the boards and say my apologys to those I may have fooled. Witch fooling others was not my intentions.

P.S. Mods or Admins, can you please change the topic tittle for there is no confustion. Thanks.

Edited by NESMan

What I started the first post, thats my mistake. I got what I had coming for my actions. Therefore, Trebor, "WinNES" a.k.a. RockNESX can be completely removed. The download link you have has to go. I've made my correction of this problem. My mistake agian. Now rather or not how far you personally want to take this is up to you. You can keep this up for years for all I care. Atleast I made my correction on the boards and say my apologys to those I may have fooled. Witch fooling others was not my intentions.

P.S. Mods or Admins, can you please change the topic tittle for there is no confustion. Thanks.

No offense, but your strange grammar isn't contributing towards any clarity here. Aaaaand - you can edit the topic title yourself. Just edit the first post (Full Edit) and look near the top of the screen.

I see no reason to stop working on your hack, or whatever, of RockNESX, just cause you got some grief for misleading people. Have thick skin, this is the internet after all. :lol:

Two things, though: 1. get permission from the RockNESX author(s) to distribute hacked copies of their code if you are going to distribute and 2. be clear about what you are doing. There's no shame in messing with someone else's code, damn, we have an entire forum called "Hacks"! And messing with existing code is a fantastic way to learn. :)