IGNORED

It's coming?

http://www.commodoregaming.com/

Apparently what's coming is a dedicated gaming computer, although there won't be more information about it for another week. Yeah!ronimo hasn't had a great track record for technology in the past... their eVIC MP3 player was almost universally panned by reviewers. Still, for the sake of my childhood memories, I hope they can beat the odds and manufacture a great product. Heck, I'd even settle for a decent one at this point!

JR

What's coming is a lawsuit from Taito, if their legal department sees that giant Space Invader.

Unless they got an actual license, which... well, I'm skeptical.

Edited by JB

Apparently what's coming is a dedicated gaming computer, although there won't be more information about it for another week.

From what I've heard, it's just a gaming PC (like AlienWare), except that it trades in on the Commodore name.

What's coming is a lawsuit from Taito, if their legal department sees that giant Space Invader.

The funny part is that Space Invaders was never officially ported to the C64. Commodore made a knock-off cartridge called "Avengers", but that was neither very good, nor particularly iconic. So their use of the Space Invaders image is about as far removed from the old Commodore as you can get!

The funny part is that Space Invaders was never officially ported to the C64. Commodore made a knock-off cartridge called "Avengers", but that was neither very good, nor particularly iconic. So their use of the Space Invaders image is about as far removed from the old Commodore as you can get!

They must have read both of your posts. They've changed it to a bunch of Commodore logos boarding the "Jupiter Lander" and taking off. :P

Garak

Now THAT'S funny. You wouldn't by any chance have had something to do with that change, would you Garak? (Like namesake, like poster? ;))

:ponder: :D

Actually, unlike the certain mysterious Romulan diplomat incident when I was working as a gardener, I can't take credit for this. :sad:

I was just bored and went back to see if they updated anything and they actually did. :lol:

However, how do we know that JB doesn't work for Taito and turned Commodore in? :P

Garak

Yeah, but if Commador emakes a new computer, it should be an all the same type of computer, not a typical up gradeable computer.

I miss the old computers where you bought a machine and it did EVERYTHING that had it's name on it, instead of the modern "will tis work with my video card" world we live in today.

Now THAT'S funny. You wouldn't by any chance have had something to do with that change, would you Garak? (Like namesake, like poster? ;))

:ponder: :D

Actually, unlike the certain mysterious Romulan diplomat incident when I was working as a gardener, I can't take credit for this. :sad:

I was just bored and went back to see if they updated anything and they actually did. :lol:

However, how do we know that JB doesn't work for Taito and turned Commodore in? :P

Garak

Because if I did, I'd have a Qix machine in the corner over there, which I clearly don't. Nope, that's just a funny looking pile of DON'T TOUCH THAT SHEET!

I got a C-64/PC (AMD) for long time now.....

Webit.jpg

Ah, yes, the WebIt. It came out several years ago (by a company I believe which licensed the Commodore name and logo off of the owner, Tulip Computers). Really nothing more then a low end PC that had a C64 emulator installed.

Garak

Nice idea on paper. I haven't been able to find the specs for any of them, could someone list them as well as the price? If they sell them for a good price I could see them taking off. If not it would be just better to build a gaming rig yourself, save the cash, and gain some experience. I've always wanted to get a C64 mostly for the Alien series games and I actually bought the original Alien strategy game off eBay. I looked for the ROM on a lot of sites and couldn't find it.

I have seen no mention of specs, OR price for these. They're not even standardized, there's several different ones, from what I read, whihc means it's just a typical PC, unless it's got a really custom OS, I wouldn't bother. :/

Oh, and the cases, Ugg, If your going to have a fairly standard looking case, your not going to make it 'cool' by slapping some shiny graphics on the side. IMO, it looks like schit :P

Eww, even the plain black case is ugly. They should just make cool looking C64 branded cases and accessories. They would probably make more money that way. Just think how many geeks would buy it. Buying a whole PC just because of the name though is stupid. You can probably build one for 1/2 the price. I say probably 'cause I don't see any prices listed.

-T