IGNORED

BattleSphere

kev187

So I got all my Jag gear hooked up. Been playing Tempest more than anything else.

Battlesphere

I am determined to own this game, I have seen a few on ebay in just the last month.

Questions?

BattleSphere & Battlesphere Gold?

What's the big difference... anything major or basically the same game? I am not looking for the big collector value, I just want to play the game & see what its all about.

Its just money right ;)

So I got all my Jag gear hooked up. Been playing Tempest more than anything else.

Battlesphere

I am determined to own this game, I have seen a few on ebay in just the last month.

Questions?

BattleSphere & Battlesphere Gold?

What's the big difference... anything major or basically the same game? I am not looking for the big collector value, I just want to play the game & see what its all about.

Its just money right ;)

http://www.scatologic.com/

Thanks! I never clicked on the box icons before. I can see Gold appears to have a lot of improvements! But from those who have played both.. Is one that more stunning than the other?

I am anxious to play this game, lets see what ebay does for me!

does battlesphere require any mods for the jag?

Yes, it needs the 12MB Ram cart and an analogue controller.

:cool: j/k

No mods or anything needed whatsoever. Buy it and enjoy it. Best game for the system.

Thanks! I never clicked on the box icons before. I can see Gold appears to have a lot of improvements! But from those who have played both.. Is one that more stunning than the other?

I wouldn´t say more stunning. It´s basically more of everything and in a more refined way.

Good luck on getting the game. You'll spend between $400-$800. I think I saw the gold version go for $600 last time around and the regular go for $385. If you can get it, have fun with the game as all I ever hear are great things about the game. Watch out though, there is usually a big bidding war for both versions . Just a little bit too much for me.

We shall see how all falls. The sad thing is, the guy had a buy it now of $435, I logged in to Buy It Now at that price & someone bid on it by the time I got back to the auction! I watched the last copy of Battlesphere go for $385 just last week. I love the Jag, I had one back in 1995 that I got on clearance.. but parted with it just over a year later when I got a N64. I played the hell out of tempest & defender. A lot of the games did suck, but the ones that were fun were a lot of fun. I remember reading in game magazines about battlesphere when it finally came out. Too bad I was out of the loop them. I am Patient, My Jag is in my collection for good this time.

I just purchased a bulk of stuff off ebay.. on collection with about 20 games & two Jags + CD drive For $285 & scored a local sale of a Jag + two controls for $10.50.

All said & done I parted everything out & sold it off on eby & only kept what I wanted.

I kept my Jag, Tempest 2000, Defender 2000, Missle Command 3D, Wolfenstien, Plust the Jag CD set up. I was able to sell everything else & get $150 of my money back :-) I do not think I did bad! I am not planning on a big Jag collection, just some good games & hopeful Battlesphere tops them off!

Ok.. back to some Tempest :-) Wish me good luck on Battlesphere!

I GOT IT I GOT IT!

Battlesphere Gold via eBay for $455, sadly the original buy it now price was $20 cheaper, but from what people have told me to expect to pay, I think I did ok. I am hopeful shipping is quick so I can get a chance to try it out this coming week.

I am anxious to see just what the jag can do when a game takes full advantage of the hardware!

I GOT IT I GOT IT!

Battlesphere Gold via eBay for $455, sadly the original buy it now price was $20 cheaper, but from what people have told me to expect to pay, I think I did ok. I am hopeful shipping is quick so I can get a chance to try it out this coming week.

I am anxious to see just what the jag can do when a game takes full advantage of the hardware!

do you have link?

Just read this thread for the first time and wanted to share my story with BS:

I bought the Gold Version directly when it was released for about 60 or 70 $ I think. To be honest, I usually don't like 3D Shoot'em Ups at all but I wanted to give Battlesphere a chance. First the graphics really blew me away but like I expected I sucked at the game. I was so bad that I never finished the training missions. I remember there are about 20 traning missions and I never managed to get past the 7th or 8th. Then I tried the "real" game and didn't know what the hell was going on there. I really tried hard to get better for several weeks but as I said I don't like 3D Shooters and suck at them. Since then I've never played the game again. :(

But I definitely want to keep the game because I know if I would ever sell it I would surely never get the chance to own one again. And maybe someday I will find someone who can show me how to play the game and I can give it another try...

I posted a link to the Auction below. Yeah it was a lump of cash to throw out, but I am excited to see the hardware pushed to the extreme. I honestly only purchased the jag to put some time on Tempest mostly & some defender, for those are the only two games I played much when I had a Jag new back in 1996. The more I read the boards & watched videos online of Battlesphere, to see a game that came out soo long after a systems demise, I just had to play it. I am hoping it will be worth the overtime worked for the cash on hand to enjoy the game & add it to my collection. Honestly, I do not see much out there to pick up for the Jag right now, maybe a few titles here along the way...

I should have it in a couple days, I am going to move the Jag upstairs to the 32" LCD on the wall :-)

Ebay Link to the Battlesphere I won!

maybe someday I will find someone who can show me how to play the game and I can give it another try...
Tell you what. I'll help you: send me your BS, I'll video tape myself playing it, and send you the tape. I'll return the cart, of course... after about 4 or 5 months! :D

I'm surprised that you found it so difficult. The training missions and first few rounds of Gauntlet are pretty tame...

Love that game - though I wouldn't pay $450+ for it!

Just read this thread for the first time and wanted to share my story with BS:

I bought the Gold Version directly when it was released for about 60 or 70 $ I think. To be honest, I usually don't like 3D Shoot'em Ups at all but I wanted to give Battlesphere a chance. First the graphics really blew me away but like I expected I sucked at the game. I was so bad that I never finished the training missions. I remember there are about 20 traning missions and I never managed to get past the 7th or 8th. Then I tried the "real" game and didn't know what the hell was going on there. I really tried hard to get better for several weeks but as I said I don't like 3D Shooters and suck at them. Since then I've never played the game again. :(

But I definitely want to keep the game because I know if I would ever sell it I would surely never get the chance to own one again. And maybe someday I will find someone who can show me how to play the game and I can give it another try...

LOL! Dont feel bad dude.. I love 3D shooters and I too suck at it...BUt man do I love it. :)

Worth the cost of admission fur shur.

I got Battlesphere in the Mail today.

Just spent about 30 minutes playing it before I did anything else. Its a good game, I know I paid a ton for it, but its a good part of Atari History thats only going to get tougher to find.

ITS HARD! I got very frustrated during the training missions, as you have to restart all of them each time. So I went right to free for all. I got my A! Handed to me, but its a fun game indeed! I am happy & look forward to putting some more time into the game!

I am about to move the Jag upstairs so I can try it out on the big TV.

I still wish they would do another run of BS. Make it a Greatest Hits edition of sorts... change the title screen so no one can pass it off as the original. Charge $100 even for it. At this point, because of the high demand, it is safe to say that they could charge $100 even for it... and include NO extras. No Box... no manual, etc. I personally think it would still sell every copy.

I hope they consider it sometime.

God forbid Gorf not being re-released - maybe Frog could Talk Tbird and Co. on a Cystic Fibrosis BS release ;)

I would not hold him to such a promise as like I have said, carts are a complete nightmare

for a small out let to deal with. Remember, people have to solder chips have boards made, buy

eproms and all that. It not like a CD you but in a drive and burn, put in a case and ship off.

No maybe If I could talk them into CD-izing BS...that would be delish!!!! I's still pay the $100

dollars for it for the cause.

Same here... I'll take a cd version if need be. I would like a cart version... but whatever.

This could be one way to avoid people trying to sell them as the original BS.

Question. Aside from possibly getting sued by the ones that brought us Battleshpere... what has actually stopped someone from buying the game online somewhere... and then dumping the ROM? And distributing it? I think it would be bad for the jag community... if you really think about it. I think those that brought it to us would be getting swindled out of their money. Kind of like a book contract I once signed where the editor took off with all of the author's money. But the question I guess I'm asking is why haven't anyone done this? Same goes for some of these protos of other systems out there. What stops someone from uploading to a torrent site? and then no longer seeding it being that others would seed it?

I'm curious as to your takes on this, but it is a little side tracked from what we were talking about. Unless of course, the developers are afraid the cd version can be copied easier... that could be something they are worried about.

what has actually stopped someone from buying the game online somewhere... and then dumping the ROM? And distributing it?
Karma?

Dumping a cart isn't that easy. There are only a few folks in the Jag community who have the equipment and know-how to do this. Burning new carts isn't cheap either: the guys who made the Iron Soldier Beta release said that it cost them roughly £30 to £40 to create each new copy - that's roughly $70 US.

You'll note that the few folks who can do this don't make copies of other rare games, such as the Songbird or Telegames release. Perhaps it's because they have some respect for those who went to the trouble of producing these expensive items in the first place.