IGNORED

Grover's music maker-- unidentified songs?

Propane13

Shameless plug of Tempest's proto site:

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/grover/grover.htm

So, I see that songs P, R, S, and T are unidentified.

Can someone make a wav file of these and post them?

I'd like to try my hand at guessing at them (and the community here too), but I am currently emulator-free for the moment. :|

-John

Skunkworx posted these MP3's of the tunes in this thread.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1076768

Good Luck! :)

Thanks!

R has a section that's almost spot-on like "it stings the toes and bites the toes and bites the nose as over the fields we go" from "Over the river and through the woods". Maybe that somg was based on a similar song that is the spot-on match. Anyone think it's simiar?

I'll try to dive in.

-John

There are quite a few similarities to known songs, but none of us have been able to figure out a song that matches all the notes in those tunes. :ponder: :?

P:

Go in and out the window (3x)

As we have done before [or "As fast as you can go"]

YOU ARE RIGHT! :-o Great job!

And I can't believe that I have that song on a kid's CD and didn't notice it. :roll:

There are quite a few similarities to known songs, but none of us have been able to figure out a song that matches all the notes in those tunes. :ponder: :?

P:

Go in and out the window (3x)

As we have done before [or "As fast as you can go"]

YOU ARE RIGHT! :-o Great job!

And I can't believe that I have that song on a kid's CD and didn't notice it. :roll:

What's the actual name of the song? I'll update my page.

Tempest

Keep in mind that the last 3 may be "unfinished" or "works in progress" because this game was never finished. In fact the last two songs were removed from a later version of the game which means they may not have been working out. They also might have been original compositions for all we know.

Tempest

• 5 years later...

Does anyone here have a Muppet Wiki account? The page on Grover's Music Maker is pretty meager right now.

If the article gets expanded with a list of songs and a link to the video above, maybe someone over there will be able to fill in the missing information.

I have a Muppet Wiki account because I run a website on Muppets writer Jack Burns and wanted to get the link on his page. I just have to remember what my user name was and I can post on the Grover Music Maker page unless someone else would like to create an account.

• Like 1