IGNORED

Oooooooh, not long now until we can watch the GTA IV trailer.

Ross PK

Stupid animation, it doesn't label weeks/days/hours/minutes etc.

That said... I just got through Vice City Stories. It was a grind, and buggy, and a bit more of the same, but between enjoying parts of it, and seeing what a 360 can do w/ an urban environment ala crackdown.... I think there's hope :-)

I've got all of the 3D GTA's on my PS2 up to now except for Vice City Stories, I'll probably end up getting it when I next go to town.

I've just recently started playing through San Andreas. Are the PS2 "Stories" better, not as good or about the same as that?

I guess I'm really looking forward to knowing that IV will be out there and waiting for me to get around to playing, but I guess I'm not in a hurry.

I've got all of the 3D GTA's on my PS2 up to now except for Vice City Stories, I'll probably end up getting it when I next go to town.

I've just recently started playing through San Andreas. Are the PS2 "Stories" better, not as good or about the same as that?

I guess I'm really looking forward to knowing that IV will be out there and waiting for me to get around to playing, but I guess I'm not in a hurry.

Personally I think they are better, just like the originals. Although San Andreas is a lot more bigger with way more vehicles, and it has mod shops and more things to do.

Edited by Ross PK

The was an infomercial for this at 2 A.M. on cable channel FX. All they showed was the clock plus the website address you posted. They showed the clock for 30 minutes, then someone says "This game has not yet been rated.", and thats it. Worst infomercial ever.

Kind of self explanatory, isn't it?

I didn't think so. I mean I could guess, but I would have to count to figure out if it was days, weeks, or months in the left most place, and even then I wouldn't be sure.

My enthusiasum for this game is mixed since i've read that there might be some in-game advertising involved.

It just seems like developers would rather spend time looking for places within the game world to try to sell me

things that I wont buy, rather than using that time to make a mediocre game into a great game.

My enthusiasum for this game is mixed since i've read that there might be some in-game advertising involved.

It just seems like developers would rather spend time looking for places within the game world to try to sell me

things that I wont buy, rather than using that time to make a mediocre game into a great game.

the more money they have from advertisers, the bigger the budget to make the game great.

the more money they have from advertisers, the bigger the budget to make the game great.

Yes. I'm going to go out on a limb and think that the implication "time and effort spent inserting ads into the game will be deducted from time and effort put into making the game better" is generally false.

I mean, there are reasons to be worried about ads, like if they're made into take up the whole screen videos, esp. unskippable ones, or if the advertiser can then exert pressure to tone down the game.... or there being enough of them to be an annoyance. But if it was closer to "the billboards display real products, and get updated", that would be fine with me.

TV stations make all kinds of money from advertisers, and they make cheaper reality shows rather than better shows 9 times out of 10 now. They'll make, and pocket, more money. They aren't going to take the money they could pocket and make games better just for our sakes.

The up side is that, with 2 revenue streams, selling the same number of games may be more profitable, so smaller niche markets may be able to survive.

Kind of self explanatory, isn't it?

I didn't think so. I mean I could guess, but I would have to count to figure out if it was days, weeks, or months in the left most place, and even then I wouldn't be sure.

I know what you mean, if you start from the right it could be confusing as to whether it's an actual date, the number of weeks or what. But if you start from the left it's obvious, the first two digits are obviously seconds counting down, then it's minutes, then hours, and then days.

Edited by Ross PK

I stand by my original prognosis: "stupid animation".

If someone can't get your simple concept at a glance, you've done poorly.

That said... woo hoo! GTA4.

I wonder if the video will be enough to "get" the location...

Edited by kisrael

If not you can bet there'll be loads of specualtion on video game message boards. Everyone pointing out little details in the video and saying what they must mean, and then re-watching it again to try and spot other things about the video or to check if what someone's saying is right. :D

Edited by Ross PK

The animation isn't exactly rocket science,, but I guess they could have made it simpler.

Well, it's silly that I griped about it even this much, but they went for "clean" design-wise rather than "functional"

you could have probably put a tiny label under each number ("days" "hours" "minutes" "seconds") and not messed up the design THAT much, but whatever, they figured (correctly) it looked slightly "cooler" that way

I for one am psyched. Right now I'm getting my way through Vice City Stories. Yes, it is indeed buggier and scaled down in parts compared to previous GTA offerings. But, I wouldn't play any other game. Before that I was trugging along through San Andreas, and before that I dusted off my idle copy of LCS to have some fun in that.

I felt bad about not completing any of the GTA games, but still getting my money's worth.

I bought a PS2 to play GTA3, so logically I'll be buying a......360 for GTA4.