IGNORED

My apologies, in advance.

zeitshabba

I come before you today to ask for the forgiveness of this community. I hope many of you will understand, but I expect some will view me their archnemesis. This is my attempt to reach out first, now, early.

When I returned to my Atari roots, I did so stumbling like a drunken buffalo going downhill. I didn't realize some of the treasures I had, and seriously abused systems into uselessness. As a result, I have learned many things. But for my past transgressions, based in ignorance, against all things Atari, I apologize.

I began to lurk in these forums from time to time after using it more of a tool. While I have a love of the old beast, I quickly realized I am not as zealous as many here. Twice now in the past 5 years I have built a collection, only to decide within a year that it is yet another burden, another material item to tether me indoors, and sell it all off. It was Ataris that took me to eBay, and it is Ataris that have become my primary function of eBay. But I'm not a collector at heart, so I understand the venom held for those of us who use eBay to sell games for sometimes inflated prices. Many of the auction lots I've sold are ridiculously overpriced, at $2-3 per game for a system with 150 games. For possibly having a hand in inflating prices, I apologize.

But I'm not doing that to make money. My true purpose will probably bring a tear to a few eyes, as hundreds of perfect label Atari games will be sacrificed - and many system cases - in my pursuit. The final number will probably be close to a thousand games forever lost from the gaming world, all in following an artistic vision I have. But if you can bear with me, and not pass judgement before seeing my final product (I get stopped EVERYWHERE because of it,) perhaps you will find a way to appreciate my efforts. For this tease and tech torture, I apologize.

These transgressions may not be worthy of such a groveling post before this community. But I believe there is a very, very good chance the highest of all transgressions will be before me. I shall know in two days, and if I am so lucky, I am very sorry unto you all.

My apologies, in advance.

And a good day unto you.

WTF :? Are you trying to say your building something with 1k atari cartridge shells? Dude, no need to say sorry, Hell go ahead and waste 2k of them. It's not like commons are in short suply. There are millions to go around.

What is your project anyhow? :ponder:

I will sell one (1) Pac-Man cart to your cause. The game, it's only 10 cents. You know you want it.

Of course....it's $11 shipping. No worries, right? Ebay rocks.

I'm guessing he's covered his car in Atari shells or labels... Probably labels.

No, but I like the way you think.

My wife suggested a coffee table or jewelry box from games, but I don't see the design aesthetic appealing.

I'm incredibly paranoid about anyone stealing my ideas, so I won't share at this point what I'm working on. It's not as grand as a car, as the games are not being used in a collective manner. Even worse, as I begin to make the first batch, I keep going off on even more wild tangents. It'll be an exciting fall when I get the full collection complete.

What I will say is that when I release my "projects" into the wild, I will offer AtariAge folks exclusive first dibs.

Zeitshabba is also selling the $50,000 Atlantis II on e-bay right now. Something is NOT right here.....

Here is the e-bay link for more details......

http://cgi.ebay.com/RAREST-of-all-Atari-26...1QQcmdZViewItem

Zeitshabba is giving Meanguns a run for his money.

Edited by Wonder007

Zeitshabba is also selling the $50,000 Atlantis II on e-bay right now. Something is NOT right here.....

Bad link. Yeah we definetly have an interesting group of owners with this game including myself ;)

Bad link. Yeah we definetly have an interesting group of owners with this game including myself ;)

The link should work now......