IGNORED

Super Nintendo Lovers Look Here

sly

Dude! Thats my pic!!! Wow, just sold this lot to a guy in Needham for $150 last night. Classic stuff right there. I wish he would take his own fucking picture though. I just had this for sale on these boards, different picture because it had a few different things in it before I traded them to Mert.

EDIT: I realize after looking at this link, you weren't posting a random good lot of SNES games but you were actually promoting your own auction. I wish you had told me you were a member here, we probably could have worked out a better deal. I'm not down with the whole flipping for a profit thing, but to each his own. That being said, I'd appreciate it if you didn't use my picture and instead take the five seconds to snap one of your own.

-Mark

Edited by MrMark0673

Here is a link to my original for sale thread:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=103845

I spent a long time cleaning up these games and taking the stickers off any that weren't on a label, so for the most part the games are in good shape. For an actual in depth look at which games are damaged and in what way feel free to look in my link where I actually took the time to take decent pictures showing the front labels. Good luck flipping the lot Erik!

Edited by MrMark0673

Yeah he does. I sold him this lot last night not knowing he was on these boards or that he was a reseller. I posted these games for sale on Craigslist and he responded to that add. I hate flipping for a profit, but if he is going to do it I would have rathered he not stolen the picture that I took. I don't mind it when people buy a lot of games just for individual titles and then resell the rest or if they buy games as trade bait, but people who buy a lot just to flip it and can't even take the time to snap a picture of the games bothers me. I've traded with a bunch of people on these boards and over at DP, Rfgeneration and NESworld and would have much rather seen these games go to another collector instead of a reseller, but I guess this stuff happens.

Yes I used the pic from another web site to get it out there in a hurry. Yes, it was wrong. I just got a little lazy because my camara stopped working and I didn't think it would cause a firestorm from a completely different website. I removed the auction.

I am sorry for using the pic. I didn't think it would have offended anyone. :(

That wasn't my intention at all, if you want to use the pic you may do so. It does bother me that I met you half way to make a fair sale for a lot of SNES games and then you went and flipped them on EBay using a pic I took. Once I sell you the games, you may do what you want with them, keep them or sell them as you wish. I would have rather them go to a collector rather than a reseller, but this happens often enough. Good luck with the sale Erik, if you need to use that picture because your camera is broken you are more than welcome to.

That wasn't my intention at all, if you want to use the pic you may do so. It does bother me that I met you half way to make a fair sale for a lot of SNES games and then you went and flipped them on EBay using a pic I took. Once I sell you the games, you may do what you want with them, keep them or sell them as you wish. I would have rather them go to a collector rather than a reseller, but this happens often enough. Good luck with the sale Erik, if you need to use that picture because your camera is broken you are more than welcome to.

I am a collector not a reseller... I sell other platforms like snes so that I can support my drug, whoops, I mean video game habbit.

The money I get go towards my Gameboy collection, otherwise there is no way I could afford the hobby.

Dude, if you buy a lot from a person with the intentions of flipping it within 24 hours, thats a reseller in my book. A collector on these boards would have bought my games and played/saved them. You're a reseller who happens to collect. Next time just don't steal other peoples pics, thats the only reason why I noticed. i hooked you up by driving out to meet you half way and the next thing I know, my bedroom shows up on EBay. Alright, I'm done ranting, again, good luck with the sale.

Dude, if you buy a lot from a person with the intentions of flipping it within 24 hours, thats a reseller in my book. A collector on these boards would have bought my games and played/saved them. You're a reseller who happens to collect. Next time just don't steal other peoples pics, thats the only reason why I noticed. i hooked you up by driving out to meet you half way and the next thing I know, my bedroom shows up on EBay. Alright, I'm done ranting, again, good luck with the sale.

I don't know what makes you think you are this video game saviour. What do you think would happen to your games that you sold on Craig List? You think a video game collector was going to purchase or reseller? Of course someone that might keep a few or resell it. Get off your high horse....I apologized for the picture but nothing else. If you wanted to sell to a collector then you should have sold it here or somewhere else that collectors frequent. You got your damn money at your asking price, no bartering, no questions asked, so I wouldn't bitch about it anymore. :x

I'm all set with getting into a pissing contest, it just bothered me that I sold to someone who intended to buy the lot just to flip it for a quick buck and then use a picture that I took. I said earlier that you could use my picture if your camera was broken and stated that most of the games are in great condition and I linked to some better pics so that people could see the condition of the games to help you with your sale. Almost everyone here has resold something video game related, but I feel thats a little different then flipping. I traded some of that lot with some people on these boards and wish that the whole lot could have ended up in collectors hands. As anyone here that I've traded with can tell you (Mert, Dusk2600, Phantom, PressureCooker, many on other boards), I offer lots of stuff at fair prices and I am honest with my sales. Go ahead with your sale and use my pic if you need to, I hope you get a fair deal for it.

I think in general EVERYONE resells something they don't need at one time or another. There is not one person on this board that has not bought something from some lot in the past and resold it in their lifetime. Whether it be from a store, website, or whatever.

I'm not involved with this, but I generally buy/sell things to support my gaming habit like many other people do, but I keep my profiting from everything VERY low. Keep in mind that "resellers" can be stores. Would people NOT want to sell anything to AtariAge because they are a store? Same with Digital Press? Everyone talks about how they hate resellers, but we live in a country where everything is sold, resold, and resold again.

Everyone complains about GameStop, but when mom and pop places do this, it's not ok?

I know sly is not a business, and I am going off on a tangent, but I just think everyone "sells" at one time or another, so I apologize if it comes off ridiculous, but yeah, sly should at least not have used that same pic....

Edited by DreamTR

Its quite impossible to collect and not have doubles. I have bought 50 games and a console for 1 game many many times in the hopes to get my money back and get the game as cheap as I could. This makes me no less of a collector.I do understand Marks thinking but it really isnt possible to know what happens once its sold except in the rare occasion like this lol. Anyhow, most collectors at some point are resellers in some way shape or form, its the ones asking an arm and a leg that bother me. Fair value or near book value is fine but 200% over book value? that gets my goat as well. ;)

Yeah, I hear you on that. I don't mind buying a lot for one game or reselling eventually, but I don't flip stuff for profit. Resellers keep the market high and make it harder for collectors to find stuff in the wild, but it happens. I wouldn't have said a word if he hadn't used my photo, thats what set me off. There have been countless threads on many different forums about reselling, I'm ready to let this one die out.