IGNORED

Rescue on Fractalus overlay?

remowilliams

post-12780-1176651772_thumb.jpg

Hmm nobody? I figured at least one of our resident artists would have done one at sometime. :)

They are on vacation from AtariAge. Maybe I'll try to make one this weekend. Hopefully it won't come out too bad.

Allan

Will this work? ;) Actually, this was a best guess for me because I don't have any overlays at all to compare to. If I missed anything let me know!

The one you see is a 600 dpi jpg, the attached pdf is in vector outlines and will probably print out better, but either would probably do fine. Enjoy!

Scott

EDIT: I noticed that most of the overlays will blackout the unused buttons, so this new version reflects that.

fractalus2.pdf

Edited by SRGilbert

Hey thanks! I'll have to post a template that I made too.

The title at the bottom is in Ergoe. I found right here on AtariAge - http://www.atariage.com/2600/archives/Atar...l?SystemID=2600

The buttons I just did in Helvetica Narrow-Bold.

I'd like someone to do me a favor and print it out to make sure the size is right. I based it off of some of the scans I found here, but like I said, I don't actually have any overlays handy, so I don't know for sure if the size is right. I might also need to tweak the button positions as well.

Perfect! Nice job.

Hey, what's the font you used on that?

Allan

I'd like someone to do me a favor and print it out to make sure the size is right.

Nice! :cool: Thanks

When I printed it without scaling it was too large. I cut all the white border area out of the image and resized it to 46mm (W) x 75mm (H) which is the size of a real overlay including tabs.

Here's a crappy pic to show the difference, initial test print on left resize color draft on right, real overlay in the middle.

post-5887-1176607351_thumb.jpg

I'd like someone to do me a favor and print it out to make sure the size is right.

Nice! :cool: Thanks

When I printed it without scaling it was too large. I cut all the white border area out of the image and resized it to 46mm (W) x 75mm (H) which is the size of a real overlay including tabs.

Here's a crappy pic to show the difference, initial test print on left resize color draft on right, real overlay in the middle.

post-5887-1176607351_thumb.jpg

Thank you, that was extremely helpfull! Ok, I just resized it, and also figured out a way to save the PDF as outlines rather than rasterizing it like before, so it should print out even better. I changed the file in my post above.

Scott

Edited by SRGilbert

Ok, I just resized it, and also figured out a way to save the PDF as outlines rather than rasterizing it like before, so it should print out even better.

It most certainly does! Default print looks like an exact match for my manual resize. Just have to run it through the laminator and give it a real controller test.

Thanks! :D

Ok, I just resized it, and also figured out a way to save the PDF as outlines rather than rasterizing it like before, so it should print out even better.

It most certainly does! Default print looks like an exact match for my manual resize. Just have to run it through the laminator and give it a real controller test.

Thanks! :D

Ditto. It looks great in the controller. Is there anyway you could post the higher res version in a .jpg verses .pdf?

I love the plastic material Atari used for these. It would be nice if there was a way of getting new ones printed on this plastic. The Parker Brothers ones stick because they are just card board and the Activision ones all fall apart over the years. I've yet to open a new Activision game and not have the print seperate from the overlay.

Allan

Ditto. It looks great in the controller. Is there anyway you could post the higher res version in a .jpg verses .pdf?

Allan

Ok, now if you go to my first post, the JPG that you can see is a 600 dpi jpg and the attached is a vector outline PDF.

Again, if they need any tweaking, let me know as I have no way to test them in real life. Actually, I have a 5200 on it's way as we speak, so I'm trying to get ready. I also bought one of Steve/Classics multi-carts, and obviously that won't come with any overlays!

Thanks again for the kind words. Are there any other games you can suggest that didn't come with overlays but should have? Looking at the manual for Fractalus, I can't believe they didn't make one for a game so complex. This uses almost as many keys as Star Raiders for crying out loud!

Allan

Ok, now if you go to my first post, the JPG that you can see is a 600 dpi jpg and the attached is a vector outline PDF.

Again, if they need any tweaking, let me know as I have no way to test them in real life. Actually, I have a 5200 on it's way as we speak, so I'm trying to get ready. I also bought one of Steve/Classics multi-carts, and obviously that won't come with any overlays!

Thanks again for the kind words. Are there any other games you can suggest that didn't come with overlays but should have? Looking at the manual for Fractalus, I can't believe they didn't make one for a game so complex. This uses almost as many keys as Star Raiders for crying out loud!

Oh, sorry SRGilbert. I had the first download you posted. Thanks. By the time Fractalus came out, Atari was starting to get cheap. As far as other games go. It would be nice to have them for the prototypes and 8-bit conversions. I'll try to take a look tonight to see if any of them use a bunch of the keys on the keypad.

Allan