IGNORED

my best find, ever!

bones

This morning did my usual trip to the flea market, and wasn't finding much. Right before leaving I see one of the vendors unloading and notice a Comp IV sitting on the back of the trailer. The vendor pulled that out and underneath was a box of Vic-20 games. Next to that was a box of Colecovision games. Next to that was a box of 2600 games. Once I got it all pulled out I bought the whole lot for $100. All the games look to be complete in box, so I'm pretty happy.

Took it home and sorted it all out, turns out there are 30 Colecovision games, 45 2600 games, 13 Vic-20 games along with a Vic-20 6 cartridge slot "cardboard" and Vic-20 24k Ram Expansion cart.

Highlights are complete in box copies of Colecovision Artillery Duel, Campaign 84, Chuck Norris Superkicks, Frantic Freddy, Sir Lancelot, Spectron, Super Cobra, Super Cross Force, Atari 2600 Fathom, Party Mix, Roc n Rope, and Vic-20 Seawolf and Skibbereen.

One other cartridge, also complete in box with instructions in excellent shape...

post-384-1176593089_thumb.jpg

I've been collecting for 13 years and have been to hundreds of flea markets, thrift shops, garage sales and never found anything close to this.

Methinks finds will all be downhill from here :D

• Like 1

This morning did my usual trip to the flea market, and wasn't finding much. Right before leaving I see one of the vendors unloading and notice a Comp IV sitting on the back of the trailer. The vendor pulled that out and underneath was a box of Vic-20 games. Next to that was a box of Colecovision games. Next to that was a box of 2600 games. Once I got it all pulled out I bought the whole lot for $100. All the games look to be complete in box, so I'm pretty happy.

Took it home and sorted it all out, turns out there are 30 Colecovision games, 45 2600 games, 13 Vic-20 games along with a Vic-20 6 cartridge slot "cardboard" and Vic-20 24k Ram Expansion cart.

Highlights are complete in box copies of Colecovision Artillery Duel, Campaign 84, Chuck Norris Superkicks, Frantic Freddy, Sir Lancelot, Spectron, Super Cobra, Super Cross Force, Atari 2600 Fathom, Party Mix, Roc n Rope, and Vic-20 Seawolf and Skibbereen.

One other cartridge, also complete in box with instructions in excellent shape...

DSCF0199.JPG

I've been collecting for 13 years and have been to hundreds of flea markets, thrift shops, garage sales and never found anything close to this.

Methinks finds will all be downhill from here :D

:cool: :thumbsup:

Now the $2000.00 question, will you keep them all. :ponder: ;) :D

Congratulations! Believe it or not the best find that I have ever found at a garage sale or flea market was when I found about 20 new gatefold Air-Sea Battle games. I can never find anything in the wild. I am happy for you!

I do want to warn you about that price sticker. It is very hard to remove. I have had several Vectrex games with that same price sticker. I have damaged some boxes removing this price sticker.

Edited by mcgrail0007

Top find!!! - did you find this in S. Florida? I have looked many times in the area and it is dry. Enjoy this find because they have gotten so rare. Congrats again, boxed games are the best to find. Post pics of everything.

Thanks! Yes, found the lot in SoFla. I _never_ run across pre-Nintendo stuff down here, this was a plesant surprise to say the least. Now back to the normal trips that end empty-handed :D Will post pics tomorrow for kicks, tho nothing quite as exciting ;)

:cool: :thumbsup:

Now the $2000.00 question, will you keep them all. :ponder: ;) :D

I'll probably keep most of the 2600 goodies. I'm not into Colecovision or Vic-20, so may trade/sell some of that off to go toward the 2600 collection. :evil:

Congratulations! Believe it or not the best find that I have ever found at a garage sale or flea market was when I found about 20 new gatefold Air-Sea Battle games. I can never find anything in the wild. I am happy for you!

I do want to warn you about that price sticker. It is very hard to remove. I have had several Vectrex games with that same price sticker. I have damaged some boxes removing this price sticker.

Totally know what you mean. The best 2600 find I've had before this in the wild was a loose King Kong :P

That is incredible! Congrats :lust:

I would recommend leaving it as is. As ugly as it is, the original price tag is still pretty cool. Don't risk damaging the box.

I do recall another member here that had a boxed River Patrol with a similar price tag, but they removed it with respectable results.

Thanks for the advice on the sticker guys. Will probably leave it there for now, would hate to mess anything up. Question...what is the best way to store something like this? I don't actively collect boxes, most of my 2600 stuff is loose and easy to maintain. Are there plastic bags or something that would keep out dust/humidity? Does anyone insure this sort of thing? Thanks for any suggestions :!:

I usually am not one to really care too much about "rare" games, but that one makes me jealous. :P I like arcade ports, and that is one of the arcade games near and dear to my nostalgia side.

I didnt even know there was a 2600 port until later and of course, I could never find it :lol: I'd love to have that.. just to have it :D

Nice find... err wait, awesome find! :)

Bestine will usually remove adhesive (tap, stickers, etc.) without damaging anything. The key, as already mentioned, is go slow. Saturate the price tag with the solvent (but don't soak the whole box), and carefully work the edge loose, gradually peeling it back, using more solvent when needed. When the label's off, you can use Bestine to carefully remove any remaining residue with a soft cloth.

With Tigervision boxes, the stickers will probably come off fairly easily, since the boxes are pretty high-gloss. The problem is the metal ink on the raised letters. That stuff is very fragile. (On the other hand, you can't see it with the label there anyway...)

Edited by Nathan Strum

If it weren't for that super sweet raised foil lettering, I'd keep that big ugly RED TAG SPECIAL on there myself.

And you need to be extra careful with it, because of the foil lettering. I'd try a hair dryer before any fluids, and I'm normally a lazy bastard when it comes to removing labels.

For anyone curious, here are a few pics of the rest of the lot. I'll be out of town for a while, so will probably put some of the CV/Vic-20 stuff up and available for trade in a couple of weeks ;)

Thanks again for all of the suggestions on whether/how to remove the price tag. Will probably leave it alone for now just to be safe, though would be nice to have a clean label!

post-384-1176652319_thumb.jpg post-384-1176652375_thumb.jpg

post-384-1176652406_thumb.jpg post-384-1176652475_thumb.jpg

post-384-1176652518_thumb.jpg post-384-1176652556_thumb.jpg

post-384-1176652589_thumb.jpg

For anyone curious, here are a few pics of the rest of the lot. I'll be out of town for a while, so will probably put some of the CV/Vic-20 stuff up and available for trade in a couple of weeks ;)

Thanks again for all of the suggestions on whether/how to remove the price tag. Will probably leave it alone for now just to be safe, though would be nice to have a clean label!

post-384-1176652319_thumb.jpg post-384-1176652375_thumb.jpg

post-384-1176652406_thumb.jpg post-384-1176652475_thumb.jpg

post-384-1176652518_thumb.jpg post-384-1176652556_thumb.jpg

post-384-1176652589_thumb.jpg

Wow simply amazing. You definetly have the best NTSC find of the year so far. Well atleast until hounder posts his pics. ;)