IGNORED

Squares! for ColecoVision - new release for sale

5-11under

Hello all,

I've completed my Squares! game for the ColecoVision, and it's available for sale...

Additional information, including a downloadable demo version, instructions, and screen shots can be found here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=105495

A review can be found at ColecoNation: ColecoNation Issue 11, Page 10

The game is "cartridge only" (although a folded instruction sheet is also included). The cartridge housing was purchased from opcode. The label is professionally printed on glossy stock:

Cartridge.JPG

The PCB is custom-made, with gold fingers and a beveled edge:

PCB.JPG

Here's the details:

Edit: These are available exclusively at AtariAge's store at this point. Although AtariAge has a decent number available, I'm personally all out of assembled units... although I've got parts for more, including labels.

Thanks,

5-11under

Edited by 5-11under

Hi Bill,

I've got this nearly complete, and hope to finish tonight before shipping out the first batch tomorrow.

Thanks,

5-11under

I just paid too! I do wish you at least included a printout of the instructions, as that would make it seem a bit more complete...

I was able to finish the instructions on time. It's not the greatest quality (printed double-sided on a laser printer with regular paper), but it's something. When I get a chance, I'll upload the document in a common format.

Thanks,

5-11under

Hi Bill,

I've got this nearly complete, and hope to finish tonight before shipping out the first batch tomorrow.

Thanks,

5-11under

I just paid too! I do wish you at least included a printout of the instructions, as that would make it seem a bit more complete...

This is just a heads up that all current orders have been mailed out over the last few days.

Also, if you haven't ordered yet, but would like to, feel free to order anytime. I've got more ready to go.

I'll be uploading the instruction sheet soon, in case you'd like to print it yourself on higher quality paper.

Thanks,

5-11under

To anyone who has purchased Squares!, there is (at least -heh, heh) one "cheat" available. On the start-up screen, hold the joystick up, then press the fire button. The number of lives will increase up to 25 maximum. The letters "CHT" will also appear near the top right of the screen. This will help, especially for beginners. Also, you'll see that the difficulty increases over time. There are, however, bonus-type sections, when you have 15K, 30K, and 45K points, where the icon bonuses appear one after the other. This is a good time to keep the invincibility feature enabled, to grab as many of the icon bonuses as possible.

Enjoy,

5-11under