IGNORED

Theremin "game"

toiletunes

Here is a sample bin, very simple, for turning the 2600 into something like a theremin. One paddle controls volume, one paddle controls pitch. Color/BW switch toggles between the various voices of the atari. Special thanks to batari, SeaGtGruff, Random Terrain, and stephena, for helping me figure out how to read paddles with Batari Basic...

Hmm.... what would be more interesting would be a CONTROLLER based upon Leon Theramin's instrument, along with software to use it effectively.

Hmm.... what would be more interesting would be a CONTROLLER based upon Leon Theramin's instrument, along with software to use it effectively.

Nice idea, but 'more interesting?'. Yes, it's your opinion of course but it sounds a bit off-putting. Read it again.

Nice idea, but 'more interesting?'. Yes, it's your opinion of course but it sounds a bit off-putting. Read it again.

Okay, sorry if it didn't come across well; when I first saw the subject, I was thinking someone might be trying something like what I was describing. Maybe it's because I associate the term "theramin" so explicitly with non-contact musical instruments. No offense intended in any case.

no offense taken either way. It is an extremely simple game to start with, and due to 2600 limitations, doesn't come as close as I would have liked to making theremin sounds. But still, junk/noise musicians will be able to find a use for this little program.