IGNORED

Raster Music Tracker: Hardsynth Hack

analmux

I made a hack on RMT: I computed two new notation tables, this means, what values do you need to write to AUDF registers to get the wanted note. This was a problem for some advanced sounds, like sawtooth wave, triangle wave e.a.

NOTE:

-This is to be used especially in 15khz mode.

-In the asm_source folders you can also find the hacks of the new tables

Download:

http://www.phys.uu.nl/~bpos/hardsynth/files/RMT_BRK.zip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ABOUT USAGE: In the RMT PC-application:

use distortion 2 always on channel 1 or 3, with the chosen channel set in 1.79mhz mode (AUDCTL setting)

use distortion 4 always on channel 1 and 3, with both channels set in 1.79mhz mode, don't forget to enable filtering in the envelope. Filter position offset does not need to be given (as it is zero now!).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For convenience, I made a testsong, just to give an example of what is now possible :)

Download the testsong here!:

http://www.phys.uu.nl/~bpos/hardsynth/files/cars__.zip

the __ appended on the filename should denote that it is composed with the hacked RMT, thus you're also supposed to open it with hacked RMT, otherwise you'll not hear the correct notes/sounds.

Edited by BRK