IGNORED

Tetris Worlds Just Doesn't Get It

So I'm always on the lookout for "action puzzle" games for my Aunt and Mom... Tetris-derivatives, Tetris Attack stuff, etc... especially ones with decent head to head modes.

She recently got a PS2 and I found Tetris Worlds. MAN DOES ITS MULTIPLAYER MODES SUCK. Because... they're all time trial. 2 minutes play, ok stop, how did every one do? Sucks! yeah you can send garbage but who cares, it hardly ever gets up that high that it matters

I guess I gotta try to dig up another copy of Next Tetris... luckily at the same time I bought her Lumines, which actually is pretty nice, and slick as hell, it's like the Wipeout 2099 of puzzle games.

I agree that Tetris Worlds sucks, same reason you mentioned. There needs to be an unlimited mode :)

Yeah, it's so weird, such a fundamental lossage of the idea of what competitive Tetris should be.

I mean, "Next Tetris" had the idea of clearing, rather than just avoiding being pushed to the top, so there's more than one way of making a decent head to head game, but time attacks are just pointless, unsatisfying, and generally less open to alternate strategies.

I agree that Tetris Worlds sucks, same reason you mentioned. There needs to be an unlimited mode :)

Yeah, it's so weird, such a fundamental lossage of the idea of what competitive Tetris should be.

I mean, "Next Tetris" had the idea of clearing, rather than just avoiding being pushed to the top, so there's more than one way of making a decent head to head game, but time attacks are just pointless, unsatisfying, and generally less open to alternate strategies.

I still maintain that "The New Tetris" for the N64 is the best of the multiplayer Tetris games out there. Only ever seen the one copy and I'm SO glad I snagged it.