IGNORED

More information in SAP files

fox

I have an idea of extending the SAP file format with new tags, so more information can be included in the file. I do not like the idea of storing the extra information in a separate STIL.txt file, because it requires extra configuration of players.

The COVER tag is an equivalent of STIL's TITLE and ARTIST tags. The title is wrapped in double quotes and the artist (if known) is specified after "by". If the song is a cover of a cover, multiple COVER tags can be specified:

COVER "Ghostbusters" by Roger Duijckaerts (ReD)
COVER "Ghostbusters [from the movie]" by Ray Parker, Jr.

COMMENT tag is any command wrapped in double quotes and specified in one line with a limit of 1024 characters or so.

AUTHORSCOMMENT is a comment written by the music author. Does anyone have an idea of a shorter name?

COMPO specifies the competition the song started in.

GAME, DEMO and ZINE specify titles of productions the song was used in. If the name of the production is already specified in NAME, the argument can be omitted.

SONG specifies that the following information applies to the specified zero-based subsong.

What do you think?

Yes, why not. If SAP-file can support it then i may follow it. :)

I found that STIL is very stubborn file while editing. However, don't remove STIL-file from ASMA, some people still(?!?) use it.

Edited by miker