IGNORED

EPROM sizes

I recently inharited a few boxes of EPROMs. I have no idea the size of most of them, so could someone please tell me!

in the boxes, there are over 120 2732s, but i alredy know that they can be used to make 4k games. I got the boxes for free and i would like to use them to produce the game that i am going to be making.

Please tell me the size of these chips and if they can be used to make homebrews! any help helps!

n75130fec

27c256

27c010

87c66

thank you for any help that is given!

I recently inharited a few boxes of EPROMs. I have no idea the size of most of them, so could someone please tell me!

in the boxes, there are over 120 2732s, but i alredy know that they can be used to make 4k games. I got the boxes for free and i would like to use them to produce the game that i am going to be making.

Please tell me the size of these chips and if they can be used to make homebrews! any help helps!

n75130fec

27c256

27c010

87c66

thank you for any help that is given!

27c256 is the most useful, as it can be used with AA's 8k-32k board and make games of any size. As for the other ones, whether they are usable or not depends on how creative you are willing to be ;)

Just divide by 8, because the number is usually related to the number of bits in the chip.

FYI, the 2708 is probably going to be useless. Device programmers stopped supporting those LONG ago, because they need a -5 volts input just to read them. And the other three don't sound like EPROM part numbers. You could try looking them up on Google. I usually try searching with the words "data sheet" or "pdf" to cut through the sea of Taiwanese web sites spamming every part number known to man.

(there are also times when a manufacturer, particularly HP, has chips only labeled with their internal part numbers. fortunately I was able to figure out the part numbers of some chips I have like that)

Just divide by 8, because the number is usually related to the number of bits in the chip.

FYI, the 2708 is probably going to be useless. Device programmers stopped supporting those LONG ago, because they need a -5 volts input just to read them. And the other three don't sound like EPROM part numbers. You could try looking them up on Google. I usually try searching with the words "data sheet" or "pdf" to cut through the sea of Taiwanese web sites spamming every part number known to man.

(there are also times when a manufacturer, particularly HP, has chips only labeled with their internal part numbers. fortunately I was able to figure out the part numbers of some chips I have like that)

What do you think about a simple Willem programmer for programming a few 2732s, 2716s, 2764s, 27128s, and 27256s, and possibly a few 27512s? What about the speed of the programmer, is the Willem really slow, or does it not really matter?

What do you think about a simple Willem programmer for programming a few 2732s, 2716s, 2764s, 27128s, and 27256s, and possibly a few 27512s? What about the speed of the programmer, is the Willem really slow, or does it not really matter?

I've always recommended getting a Needham's EMP 20 or better or a BP Microsystems EP1132/EP1140/CP1128 off of ebay. For a similar price you can get a real programmer, instead of a caseless toy that you have to tinker with.

I've always recommended getting a Needham's EMP 20 or better or a BP Microsystems EP1132/EP1140/CP1128 off of ebay. For a similar price you can get a real programmer, instead of a caseless toy that you have to tinker with.

Are these other programmers easy to use, fast, and work on windows 98/2000/me/xp? I dont know a lot about programming eproms, so are these good for first timers?

Yes, although the EMP-20 software requires that you run it in a full-screen (Alt-Enter) DOS window. Also, all the parallel port programmers require a motherboard (ISA) parallel port, and do not support PCI parallel port cards.

I can be PM'd for the EMP and BP softwares if necessary.

Yes, although the EMP-20 software requires that you run it in a full-screen (Alt-Enter) DOS window. Also, all the parallel port programmers require a motherboard (ISA) parallel port, and do not support PCI parallel port cards.

are they fast? how long would it take to program a 2732?

are they fast? how long would it take to program a 2732?

The speed of programming a chip is almost entirely dependent on the chip that you are programming, as they have specific algorithms that you really don't want to skimp on. Most programmers should take about 15 seconds to program an average EPROM, with the larger chips having faster algorithms.

With 2732, it's usually under a few seconds or so, at most about 15 seconds with my programmer. Large EPROM like the 4Mbit and 8Mbit can take over a minute.

Your list also included 2508 and 2708, they are largely useless with video game but you may get decent money on eBay.

With 2732, it's usually under a few seconds or so, at most about 15 seconds with my programmer. Large EPROM like the 4Mbit and 8Mbit can take over a minute.

Your list also included 2508 and 2708, they are largely useless with video game but you may get decent money on eBay.

Wow, 15 seconds! I thought that it would take a long time... like half an hour! This means that i can plan to make more coppies of my game. what type of programmer do you have? will the willem have similar preformance?