IGNORED

STE to TV how to?

Hi,

I just recently acquired a 1040STe. I have tried several ways to connect it to my TV and have only been able to get sound. What kind of connections and cable should I be using to make this work? Do I have to do something special with the Tv? I am in the USA, so I have a NTSC TV. I have tried a composite video cable just for the video and I have tried my Atari 2600 JR. and 7800 compatible direct connect cable, and that is how I got the sound. I am pretty sure (should I be?) the puter is outputing in medium or low res., as otherwise my Time Bandit game would not even start up and produce sound.

Hi,

I just recently acquired a 1040STe. I have tried several ways to connect it to my TV and have only been able to get sound. What kind of connections and cable should I be using to make this work? Do I have to do something special with the Tv? I am in the USA, so I have a NTSC TV. I have tried a composite video cable just for the video and I have tried my Atari 2600 JR. and 7800 compatible direct connect cable, and that is how I got the sound. I am pretty sure (should I be?) the puter is outputing in medium or low res., as otherwise my Time Bandit game would not even start up and produce sound.

What kind of input does your TV have? Here in europe the SCART is a standard. I used the RGB signals of my ST (http://pinouts.ru/Video/AtariStMonitor_pinout.shtml) to connect to the scart.

You can also use the RF cable, but the quality of the picture wont'be so good.

It will only work with ST-LOW or ST-MID.

I had your same problem, you have to use an old style switchbox or techieallison on this forum can make you a cool cable like she made me that will go from the monitor output of the ST to standard 3 output RCA composite (1 video, 2 audio) that you can plug into about anything.

I had your same problem, you have to use an old style switchbox or techieallison on this forum can make you a cool cable like she made me that will go from the monitor output of the ST to standard 3 output RCA composite (1 video, 2 audio) that you can plug into about anything.

Go with techieallison she just made me 2 cables, one with the 3 outputs, and another so I can have mono . My st will soon he hooked up to LCD tv, and a LCD monitor.

She is awesome to deal with.

The best option on the market used to be Practical Solution Monitor Master. It has connections for audio and video out and jacks for attaching color and monochrome ST monitors to one computer along with a pushbutton for flipping between color/mono. B&C Computervisions is still listing it for $29.95 new - google 'Atari monitor master' for more info.