IGNORED

Florida Classic Gamer Meet!

Gregory DG

Continuing from this post who of you that lives in Florida would like to meet up for some gaming? Where would you like to meet? How far would you consider traveling?

I have a place in Winter Haven where we could meet for free. WH is in Central Florida (almost dead center), however I understand that might be too far for some of you.

Anyway, let's get a discussion going about this. I'd love to get together with the Florida video game fans (or outside FL too if you'd like to come.) :D

Edited by Gregory DG

Well, given I"m in Orlando it shouldn't be "too" far of a drive. It would certainly give me a chance to experience some games and Atari systems I never had a chance to play, as well as some non-Atari stuff. If something did come up, what could we bring since I know a lot of us are going to want to play some games?

If you could spare the additional fuel expenses to pick you up and take you back home, I could help with the transportation issue.

Hey Greg, any update on if/when the meet happens and where?

One more thing Fighter, does the actual "store" for Video Game Trader over there (not the booth at either Flea World or Dayton Flea Market) have any decent Atari games?

If you could spare the additional fuel expenses to pick you up and take you back home, I could help with the transportation issue.

One more thing Fighter, does the actual "store" for Video Game Trader over there (not the booth at either Flea World or Dayton Flea Market) have any decent Atari games?

I'll think about it.

I don't go to Video Game Trader.

The Daytona Flea Market doesn't really have any Atari stuff.

Not yet. Tentative plans are to have it at my shop in Winter Haven (because it'll be free.) I just started this thread to see how many people would be interested in coming. So far we've got... 5 including myself. I'd like to see if we could get 10. :D

Edited by Gregory DG

Same here man. We're 2/5 of the way to that point so far. C'mon FL people, get off your lazy bums and let's start getting together so we can reminisce about the good ol' days of gaming. :)

I would, but when you're 17 as of right now with a 67 year old father who doesn't want his last child hang-out with order men because of fears that one of them might be a sexual offender, it's hard.

Can't wait until I turn 18.

That sucks man. Hope your b-day comes soon.

Also Greg, I'm slowly getting him into Atari but there is a friend of mine not on the forums who may be interested in attending. He's mostly from the Nintendo side. I'll convert 'im. :D

Mines is October first. :)

I'm from the arcade shoot 'em up side. ;)

I have been wanting to go to Cypress Gardens. We have Wild Adventures here and I have the gold pass which is good at both parks.

Yeah, they just opened the

:D

And I was planning to have other systems besides Atari there. I couldn't have a meet without my Dreamcast. :P

There are a lot of people in South Florida but that might be too far for a local get together. I'll keep an eye on it and see how it works out.

That would be cool for the multitudes of S. Florida people. It would just be nice to have something started, no matter where in Florida it is. :)

^^ Thanks. Looks like we're inching closer and closer to a 10 person goal. ;-)

I'm sure I could round up a few others if I advertised locally in the right places. I wouldn't charge a penny of course, but it's just more fun with more people hanging out. ;-)

Anyway, those of you who'd be interested in coming, what do you have, system-wise that you could bring? Do you have the ability to hook these to a VGA monitor? That would save a huge amount of hassle since I have 12 monitors we could use.

System-wise, I have the following (all unmodified):

Atari 2600

Atari 5200 (4-port, but will have only a trak-ball and a working joystick)

Atari 7800 (with PMC)

Atari Jaguar

Atari XEGS (with keyboard, but no light gun)

NES (original model)

SNES

PS1

Colecovision

Amiga 1200

Atari 1040STf

Tandy CoCo1

Tandy CoCo3

Apple //e

Commodore64

Commodore128

Dreamcast

For the ST, Amiga, and NES I have the respective 4-player adapters to use with them.

Well, I have:

Atari 2600 (6-switch Woody, Vader, & Jr.)

Atari 5200 (4 port + trakball + 2 working controllers + AdvII)

Atari 7800 (+ Cuttle Cart 2)

Atari Jaguar+CD (+ BattleSphere)

Atari XEGS with keyboard + gun

Atari 800XL & 400

Atari Lynx I and II

NES

Genesis (although I'm not sure it's working.)

Atari 1040STe

Dreamcast (+ Half-Life, Propeller Arena, tons of emulators.)

Nintendo DS

So, other than actual game carts and networkable systems (Jaguar with BattleSphere, Lynxes, DSes) these wouldn't need to be brought. That should save guests some hassle. ;)