IGNORED

Are there any plans to make a ATARI 2600 Flash Multi-Cart?

HDTV1080P

I currently own a Colecovision/ADAM with expansion module #1 that allows me to play 100% of all ATARI 2600 cartridges. I would love to own an ATARI 2600 USB multi cart that would allow one to make a backup copy of every ROM images made for the 2600. Playing all the ATARI 2600 cartridges from one cartridge would be awesome and would be worth $200 for me it every cartridge image could fit on one cartridge.

I already own two USB 128-in-1 Flash Colecovision cartridges which is a amazing product. The ATARI 2600 was so popular that many game systems made adapters so that people could play ATARI 2600 cartridges. There is a demand for a Flash ATARI 2600 multicart product. There were much more ATARI 2600 compatible adapters and origianl ATARI 2600 game systems sold compared to Colecovision systems.

Edited by HDTV1080P

There was the Krokodile Cartridge and the Cuttle Cart also the Cuttle Cart 2 for the 7800

Thanks a lot for the information. Maybe some day someone will make a flash ATARI 2600 cartridge with 5MB of memory to hold every cartridge every produced.

The Cuttle Cart looks like it was an neat product. I own the Supercharger. I wonder if the Starpath Supercharger library is sold on CD. This would be a nice CD to own. Krokodile cartridge was also a neat catridge that stored up to 127 games.

Edited by HDTV1080P

The Cuttle Cart looks like it was an neat product. I own the Supercharger. I wonder if the Starpath Supercharger library is sold on CD. This would be a nice CD to own. Krokodile cartridge was also a neat catridge that stored up to 127 games.

Actually, back in 1996 or 1997, a team called Cyberpunks made a CD called "Stella Gets a New Brain." It included all of the released Starpath Supercharger games, and a later release included some unreleased games as well. Although I'm not sure if anyone still sells the CD.

5GB would be serious overkill. The games are predominately 4K and 8K, with some at 16K and 32K.

If only looking at 4K games, 1 MB would hold 256(not counting a menu or bankswitch settings) while 1 GB would hold 262,144.

Sorry I ment to say 5MB flash cartridge. This was a typo on my part. I corrected my original post.

The Kroko cart is great. The only drawback is that you can only have one type of bankswitch logic on it at once (ie you can't have both 8k and 16k games on it at the same time). However, you can have 2k and 4k games mixed in with either 8k or 16k games at once. I have several images saved, one for F8, F4, and F6 bank switching respectively.

Edited by Lord Helmet