IGNORED

Here comes Flossie!

Gregory DG

I remember reading somewhere where Jeff said he lived next to a field with all these sheep grazing and he started feeding them veggie bits occasionally and one sheep (Flossie) would come right up to the door and bleat; "bbaAaAaAaAaa" in the morning and wake him up for a tasty treat, and he named that sheep Flossie.

I remember reading somewhere where Jeff said he lived next to a field with all these sheep grazing and he started feeding them veggie bits occasionally and one sheep (Flossie) would come right up to the door and bleat; "bbaAaAaAaAaa" in the morning and wake him up for a tasty treat, and he named that sheep Flossie.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: Awesome!, is this true story??

Awesome!, is this true story??

Yes! It's True. :) However, the mind tends to fills in details when recalled over time. The real story is as follows:

From "The Official Atari Jaguar Gamers Guide" by Zach Meston & J. Douglas Arnold - p.237 .....1995

Interviewer: Question: What's the story with Mollie & Flossie?

Answer: (Jeff Minter -Quote): Molly and Flossie are my two pet sheep. Molly is bigger than Flossie, but Flossie is better looking. They both like a digestive biscuit first thing in the morning, and bleat piteously outside the door if I don't give. Flossie is the most friendly, she comes running over for a scratch in the fleece every time I step outside. Have you heard the sheep bleating in T2K? (end Quote)

For some reason, I think I read another article about Molly & Flossie waking him up, first thing in the morning. Will have to look for it. But seems plausable.

I wish Jeff did even more programming on the Jaguar, he's one of the very best. The VLM & T2K & D2K keeps me happy though. By the way Tempest 3000 on the Noun, and what I've seen of Space Giraffe are really awesome!

Edited by ovalbugmann

Hey! Thought I would post a few links to information on Jeff Minter and his computer work. :)

Space Giraffe tech talk vid

Some Google Yak vids

Adam "Shaggy" Pratt's Yak interview

Yak's software works

Jeff's website

yak's own forum

Team Nuon pics

Edited by ovalbugmann

Awesome!, is this true story??

Yes! It's True. :) However, the mind tends to fills in details when recalled over time. The real story is as follows:

From "The Official Atari Jaguar Gamers Guide" by Zach Meston & J. Douglas Arnold - p.237 .....1995

Interviewer: Question: What's the story with Mollie & Flossie?

Answer: (Jeff Minter -Quote): Molly and Flossie are my two pet sheep. Molly is bigger than Flossie, but Flossie is better looking. They both like a digestive biscuit first thing in the morning, and bleat piteously outside the door if I don't give. Flossie is the most friendly, she comes running over for a scratch in the fleece every time I step outside. Have you heard the sheep bleating in T2K? (end Quote)

For some reason, I think I read another article about Molly & Flossie waking him up, first thing in the morning. Will have to look for it. But seems plausable.

I wish Jeff did even more programming on the Jaguar, he's one of the very best. The VLM & T2K & D2K keeps me happy though. By the way Tempest 3000 on the Noun, and what I've seen of Space Giraffe are really awesome!

:rolling: Thanks for the info!, funny story

I don't know, but I'm sure hoping that Flossie is a kind fluffy hurricane so I don't get wiped out.

It looks like it's going to graze you. But as I learned a few years back and from Katrina, it'd probably be better if it was a direct strike. It'd be over quicker and you'd get a few moments relief from the eye.

Good luck. :(