IGNORED

ColecoVision collection on eBay

Psionic

I know...he outbid me on a few things as well. Gotta love these speed collectors who try to go for everything in a year or so and then end up dumping it all. Several of the games are sealed and his system and expansion modules look unused, which means he probably doesn't play his games at all either. :roll:

And yeah, the price is crazy. I don't know if anybody's going to bite at that. There's only a few games he has that I need...if he broke it up, I'd be a lot more interested.

Zwackery just mentioned the possibility of several of us pooling together and buying this guy out. Here's a few people who *I think* might be interested in doing this:

chuys450

DreamTR

ianoid

Murph74

PingvinBlueJeans

retroillucid

Trade-N-Games

Zwackery

If any of these people listed (or anyone else) is interested in doing this, contact Zwackery or myself.

that would be cool if ya'll did this....

great idea, zwackery

and the price wouldn't be as insane with multiple investors

Wow, I thought it would be years before any video game lot would be bought out by multiple investors. Of course I usually think of something in the the six figure range and up when I think multiple investors. :P

that would be cool if ya'll did this....

great idea, zwackery

and the price wouldn't be as insane with multiple investors

logistically it will take a lot of negotiating beforehand (about who is after what title and what are they willing to pay) that will let us see if it is feasible and then we can worry about the rest of the issues (i.e., what to offer, who to ship it to, who to allocate packages & ship, reselling what nobody wants, etc.) - but hey, we are discussing it behind the scenes!

Along with the 2600 and Vectrex, the Colecovision forms the video game triumvirate of my youth.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=250156514585

auction is over

$6200 BIN

6 offers, 1 declined, 5 expired - no sale

Well, no one is going to BIN at that price, and I would have been very surprised to see him accept any offers on the first run...he's just judging interest and seeing what he can get for it.

I would have been very surprised to see him accept any offers on the first run...he's just judging interest and seeing what he can get for it.

well, he just picked up a CIB Campaign '84 for $112.50, so maybe he is either not selling or making an even more irresistible lot!

I would have been very surprised to see him accept any offers on the first run...he's just judging interest and seeing what he can get for it.

well, he just picked up a CIB Campaign '84 for $112.50, so maybe he is either not selling or making an even more irresistible lot!

I did msg him when the lot came up but never heard back from him. I'd be interested in possibly picking up some of hte items in there for the right price. Although I fear it would be near impossible to get it to where everyone thought they were getting a fair shake out of the deal. :) And personally, at an average of $60 per game, it seems about 50% overpriced to me as a whole, but I also realize there are some titles in there that typically will fetch over $100 boxed. So, there may be something to it in the end.

On a side note, I think Krualgiz is blowing an inheritance this week. :) And does anyone know the origin of the yellow boxed Sunrise stuff? I saw the Campaign 84 was yellow box, mine is original from Children's Palace but silver box. Just Curious.

Murph

The only time I ever bid against wickedster was when I outsniped him on some rare XONOX boxed games I needed.

Is there anyone you haven't outsniped for rare games you needed? I know I've fallen victim a few times over the years...I remember going "who the f&$! is the rain king?!" before I knew it was you... :cool:

On a side note, I think Krualgiz is blowing an inheritance this week. :) And does anyone know the origin of the yellow boxed Sunrise stuff? I saw the Campaign 84 was yellow box, mine is original from Children's Palace but silver box. Just Curious.

Krualgiz is a member here (retroillucid), but he's been kind of quiet.

Yellow Sunrise...what do you mean by origin...it's just a variation I guess...a lot of the Sunrise games I've seen (Campaign '84, Rolloverture, etc.) have been in yellow boxes.

Looks like the collection is back up with a lower buy-out price (but no offers). I don't know why he bought that Campaign '84..as if that's going to be the make or break selling point? :?

I wonder if someone will hit that $5100 BIN. (He no longer offers the BIN or Best Offer option, only the BIN.)

Should we rally the troops again and get people pegged down on interests and prices?

Edited by Zwackery