IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Flashcart/multicart?

Mika73

Is there flash/multicart for Atari Jaguar?

Atari Max cartridge for Colecovision is great :)

http://www.atarimax.com/

Nope. but there's a way to load games to the Jag AKA "BJL" http://www.a8maestro.com/sites/mtgcat/prodgame/advert-g2.htm there's a BJL that boost off of a JagCD but I don't have the link to it. :(

Edited by walter_J64bit

http://www.atarimax.com/

Nope. but there's a way to load games to the Jag AKA "BJL" http://www.a8maestro.com/sites/mtgcat/prodgame/advert-g2.htm there's a BJL that boost off of a JagCD but I don't have the link to it. :(

heres the link! http://www.hillsoftware.com/downloads/index.html :D

Edited by walter_J64bit

The only way rom images can be loaded on the Jag would be an Alpine developer board or an Atari developer flash cart. Both are rare. There are designs out there I believe for making flash carts, but there are none available for sale that I am aware of.

Jagware is working on a cart (the JagCF) that can use compact flash carts for game storage, and also adds hardware features to the Jag. It's exact features, ability to load games and general release date are I believe undetermined at this time.

Edited by remowilliams

I'll be ready and willing when someone creates a Cuttle Cart 2 equivalent for the Jaguar. :D

They already exsist......it's called an Alpine.

No, because alpine needs a computer to load each game, not the cuttle cart which load from a memory card.

Edited by Orion_

Jagware is working on a cart (the JagCF) that can use compact flash carts for game storage, and also adds hardware features to the Jag. It's exact features, ability to load games and general release date are I believe undetermined at this time.

Hi ,

Here come some good news about the JagCF, clic here

Regards,

GT :)

Dont you still need a computer to load up the mem card?

On the Cuttle Cart 2, once you set up the MMC card you do not need a computer for anything else. The CC2 has it's own internal processor/ram, etc.

Here come some good news about the JagCF, clic here

Very cool! Glad to hear the project is progressing :)

• 1 year later...

The only way rom images can be loaded on the Jag would be an Alpine developer board or an Atari developer flash cart. Both are rare. There are designs out there I believe for making flash carts, but there are none available for sale that I am aware of.

I have an Atari Flashcart as seen here (actual picture of MY flashcart) :http://www.jaguarsector.com/index.php?showtopic=13290&st=30&start=30

Here is a link to the software for this particular unit: http://www.starcat-dev.de/subdomains/atari...sh/flash_d.html

according to the spec of the flashcart I have, it is either 4mb or 6mb which is enough for pretty much every commercial ROM

has anyone gotten this to load commercial ROMS?

according to the spec of the flashcart I have, it is either 4mb or 6mb which is enough for pretty much every commercial ROM

That is a 4MB Atari developer flashcart, the same as the one I have. It will load any commercial ROM image - you just need the software and to follow the instructions. IIRC the software will only run in DOS, not through Windows, or a 98 cmd shell.

That is a 4MB Atari developer flashcart, the same as the one I have. It will load any commercial ROM image - you just need the software and to follow the instructions. IIRC the software will only run in DOS, not through Windows, or a 98 cmd shell.

Easybayarb, Remo Williams,

With that cart you have most of the Jaguar library at your fingertips. (With the exception of Songbird, Telegames, and Scatologic game images, and of course CD games).

So hope you will come join the Jaguar high score club. This month is easy on your flash carts, since it is the most common game for the Jaguar, Cybermorph (and Battlemorph for the JagCD owners.)

can u provide a to the software and method you are using? the software in the link i am using i tried numerous times (with a win98 pc) transfers the jag ROM ok but the result is a blank screen. have you actually gotten any commercial games to work on your flashcart and if so, how?

can u provide a to the software and method you are using? the software in the link i am using i tried numerous times (with a win98 pc) transfers the jag ROM ok but the result is a blank screen. have you actually gotten any commercial games to work on your flashcart and if so, how?

Is there anything in the documentation stating you have to push some button combination in order to boot from the flash cart?

Is there anything in the documentation stating you have to push some button combination in order to boot from the flash cart?

Well, you...

1) Get the DOS based "flash.exe" program loaded. Then you type in the name something to the effect of "flash bubsy.jag -p1 -d800000" and hit enter. You generally want the program and the flash program in the same folder or at least I did to make it easier. -p is for the printer port (-p0, -p1, or -p2). -d is the load address, -d800000 for encoded games and -d802000 for unencoded games. If you are using a PC that is something other than DOS, Win95 or Win98 you will need to look for a program called "Userport" to get the parallel port to work from the command shell in places like WinXP.

2) After hitting enter and all goes right, the program will prompt you to hold down "3" on the Jaguar controller. At this point you should have the Jaguar already fired up, with the flash cart in the slot and the parallel cord connected from the Jaguar to the PC.

3) Hold down 3 on the Jaguar controller on joyport 1, and hit enter on the PC keyboard. The Jaguar's screen, which has been blank up to this point, should say "Erasing". At which point you can release the 3 on the jaguar controller. The flash cart erases, then then screen changes from green background to blue background as it lets you know that the screen will be blank again for a minute

On the PC you see the program load as the numbers fly by. When it all done on the PC and Jaguar monitor it lets you know that the flash process was a success. The PC resets the Jaguar remotely and starts up the program on your Jaguar without you having to turn it off, unplug the parallel cable or anything.

I had a lot of trouble getting my flash cart to work at first, but since I was patiently walked through the process, so I would like to get help get others through the process as well. So let me know where you are getting hung up.

(And if we can get this working and you playing along in the Jaguar High Score club, even better!!)

Bubsy.zip

post-4709-1223871971_thumb.jpg

Edited by doctorclu