IGNORED

My Lynx Flash Card / What do you think?

Lynxman

• 3 weeks later...

I just found this thread and wanted to throw my interest into the mix. Lynxman, when you get this bad boy working, I will be getting one as well. I love my Lynx. It was a wonderful little machine. Having the chance to play the hard to find games will be great. Also, this will hopefully create some interest in the homebrew scene.

Good luck on the project!

Hehe, a little wishful thinking, but maybe you can go the route of creating a cart like this for the Other atari systems?

I just found this thread and wanted to throw my interest into the mix. Lynxman, when you get this bad boy working, I will be getting one as well. I love my Lynx. It was a wonderful little machine. Having the chance to play the hard to find games will be great. Also, this will hopefully create some interest in the homebrew scene.

Good luck on the project!

Thank you.

Hehe, a little wishful thinking, but maybe you can go the route of creating a cart like this for the Other atari systems?

Jaguar: Skunkboard

2600/7800: CuttleCart

Kind Regards

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
DUDE!!!!!! i havent visited this thread since 2007!!!!!!

i love to see this progress, a few hurdles youve been through but youre pulling along well.

i got paypal ready whenever you get that batch ready... i'll definately be on the preorder.

Ditto that. :)

Good News everyone!

Yesterday i finish the production Firmware.

Things to do:

Update the Language Sets

Manual and packing

I will post pictures of manual and packing latest 2nd week of March.

Selling will start 2nd or 3rd week of March.

Delivery will start in April.

First lot is 25pcs. It is NOT limited. If all 25pcs will be sold, i will produce additional Cards.

Price is 79€ + shipping.

If you want to buy a FlashCard, please send me PM. If you send me already a PM/email, please send again, i deleted all PM/emails i got until yesterday.

Kind Regards

Lynxman

Yup, I just PM'd as well! Yay, it is finally coming! :D

Lynxman, if you don't mind, I'd like to recap what I *think* this cart is, and correct me if I'm wrong.

I plug it into my Lynx II, connect a USB cable from my PC computer to the Lynx, and I can upload a ROM game/demo onto it. That way I can play the freeware games or demos directly on my Lynx.

Does it use both of the Lynx/Handy ROM file extensions I seen out there, .LNX and .O ?

Also, does it use the smaller USB cable (like the ones for digital cameras) or is it a regular cable, that has the big USB plug on both sides? Will it come with a cable or will we need to supply our own?

Thanks for creating this! What a wonderful tool for developers and for people like me who just want to play around with demos without having to boot up Handy. If a developer wishes, for instance, we'll be able to help playtest earlier versions of their games before they spend the money burning them to actual carts. (I'll still buy all new carts that come out... I'm a Lynxer and a collector!)

Cheers,

Smeg

Yup, I just PM'd as well! Yay, it is finally coming! :D

Lynxman, if you don't mind, I'd like to recap what I *think* this cart is, and correct me if I'm wrong.

I plug it into my Lynx II, connect a USB cable from my PC computer to the Lynx, and I can upload a ROM game/demo onto it. That way I can play the freeware games or demos directly on my Lynx.

Does it use both of the Lynx/Handy ROM file extensions I seen out there, .LNX and .O ?

Also, does it use the smaller USB cable (like the ones for digital cameras) or is it a regular cable, that has the big USB plug on both sides? Will it come with a cable or will we need to supply our own?

Thanks for creating this! What a wonderful tool for developers and for people like me who just want to play around with demos without having to boot up Handy. If a developer wishes, for instance, we'll be able to help playtest earlier versions of their games before they spend the money burning them to actual carts. (I'll still buy all new carts that come out... I'm a Lynxer and a collector!)

Cheers,

Smeg

You connect the FlashCard with the PC, load the game into the Flash of the FlashCard and than you insert it into the Lynx.

You can use .LNX files and .LYX (.BIN).

.O is not possible, because the Lynx can not run .O Files. You have to convert the .O to .LNX (.LYX) because at the start up of the system the Lynx try to decrypt the first 512 Byte.

For converting .O -> .LYX you have to use a tool called LYNXER.COM in the DOS-Box.

USB cable is included. It use the Mini-USB on FlashCard side.

Why does all the cool stuff get released when I just blow any extra cash I just had...DAMN

No problem. As matashen post it, it is not limited. You can save some money and buy later.

I got that when I first read it....I just went WAY past my limit this month.

And maybe next...lol

Just been waiting for this...BADLEY!