IGNORED

****Activision Prototypes*** Anyone interested?

jimdandy75

Hello,

I have some Activision Protos that I'm wanting to unload. They all work perfect, although they are not cosmetically perfect. But considering they are 25 years plus, and Activision used a really cheap, junk glue that bleeds through their labels they are not too bad. I mostly sell on Ebay, and when protos go the full auction, I've never seen any go for less than $200- $300 ea. I'm not a proto expert, but I'll list what I feel is fair, I am open to all input and offers. :)

Beamrider----- ***SOLD***

Pitfall II, Lost Caverns----- ***SOLD***

Space Shuttle-------***SOLD***

Crackpots--------***SOLD***

Robot Tank------ ***SOLD***

H.E.R.O---***SOLD***

Decathlon-------$***SOLD***

Crackpots (has 2 strips of scotch tape across front label)---***SOLD***

+ $2 per game shipping

Will take $400 for the 5 left + FREE SHIPPING (that's $80 per Proto!!!!)

post-15525-1190512699_thumb.jpg

post-15525-1190512848_thumb.jpg

post-15525-1190513483_thumb.jpg

post-15525-1190513697_thumb.jpg

post-15525-1190513760_thumb.jpg

post-15525-1190513864_thumb.jpg

post-15525-1190513965_thumb.jpg

post-15525-1190514089_thumb.jpg

post-15525-1190514139_thumb.jpg

Edited by jimdandy75

Like I said, don't know alot about protos, but I believe most of the Activisions were the same as final versions. Some prefer to call them Lab Loaners or final version demos, but Activision themselves considered these 'prototypes' as they put it on their labels. One things for sure, you don't come across them everyday. ;)

Like I said, don't know alot about protos, but I believe most of the Activisions were the same as final versions. Some prefer to call them Lab Loaners or final version demos, but Activision themselves considered these 'prototypes' as they put it on their labels. One things for sure, you don't come across them everyday. ;)

Only reason some people like to call them lab loaners or final version demos is because of Ebay. ;)

Yes but the whole point of selling a prototype or lab loaner is to give as much info about it as possible and explaining any possible changes. That way people know what it is that they are exactly bidding on ;)

OK, I'll keep that in mind. But my only point to selling them is I need the money, or I'd keep these in my personnel collection. I have only played the games a little while, they appear to be final version, if they are all the way through the same, once again I do not know???? Like I said in my very first posting, I'm open to all input. Thank you!!!!

99% of these Activision carts are more like dealer demos or promotional demos. Most have shielded ROMs not EPROMs in them, so I think 'prototype' is a stretch, but since we have no better way to describe them, they are prototypes. Unfinished Activision games are far more interesting and rare.

I'm kind of amazed at the prices. I kind of see these as more like $50-$80 items as a whole. They are released games with factory labels, and there are a number of these out there. Still super cool and I wasn't already majorly overextended, I'd be interested.

A number of them out there? How many of each of these do you think there are, been real curious about that myself? I have never seen any till just recently. Even if there were a couple hundred of each released (which I highly doubt), they would still be considered extremely rarer than any released game, correct?

I would probably go $400 for the last 5, which would be $80 a game, with free shipping. But don't think I'd drop much lower. Thanks for all the info BTW, love to hear more. I know there's some real experts here!

I would guess that each Activision 'proto' as such has at least 200 (perhaps even double that!) distributed back in that day, making them quite rare. Of course, most would be returned or destroyed. I would imagine that there are 50 in circulation of the most 'common' titles and probably 10 or 15 of the more unusual ones, like HERO or whatever. Some may be even fewer. Just my guesstimates.