IGNORED

Christmas is coming ....soon another ATARIAGE GREETINGS cart?

lucifershalo

Your favorite ATARIAGE GREETINGS cart  

23 members have voted

1. 1. which ATARIAGE GREETINGS game did you prefer?

• Reindeer Rescue
    • Toyshop Trouble

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I only have the 03 Christmas pinup cart. Not a game per say, but it was damn cool (and as far as I know, the only cart form demonstration of chronocolor interlaceing)

I hope they do another this year, I missed the other three. And now that I have a (better paying) job, and not so many bills, maybe I can pick one up this year.

Edited by Video

(and as far as I know, the only cart form demonstration of chronocolor interlaceing)

Wasn't Atari Charles hundred dollar cart with a Tronman picture a demo of chronocolor interlacing?

Did anyone here even get one of those?

And didn't Andrew D. come up with that technique.......or was the first to utilize it to it's full potential?

(and as far as I know, the only cart form demonstration of chronocolor interlaceing)

Wasn't Atari Charles hundred dollar cart with a Tronman picture a demo of chronocolor interlacing?

Did anyone here even get one of those?

And didn't Andrew D. come up with that technique.......or was the first to utilize it to it's full potential?

The Tronman cart was a rip-off using my original free public-domain code for the dancing baby demo and the Build Your Own Greeting Cart. Only the bankswitching method had been changed, and it was able to display 7 images, I think. The images in that cart were in my opinion very poor quality because the image conversion wasn't done correctly.

ChronoColour carts such as the Christmas GreetingCart were much better visually.

The ChronoColour technique came about when Thomas Jentzcsh and I became interested in colour display techniques, and we independantly worked on different systems, but were feeding off each others' ideas and work. Probably ChronoColour produced the best quality in the end, but there were definitely different techniques, all viable.

ChronoColour multiplexes three single-bit dithered frames for the red/green/blue components of a colour image, which are interleaved with each other such that the three frames consist of alternating red scanline, green scanline, blue scanline (one from each frame). These interleaved frames are then played in sequence while at the same time changing the colour of each scanline to either red or green or blue both on a line-by-line basis and on a frame-by-frame basis. The colour on any line cycles red one frame, green the next, blue the next, and colours on successive lines within a frame are red, green, blue, red, green, blue, etc. Put all of that together and you get your ChronoColour images.

There's a document at http://www.taswegian.com/greetingcart.html with an explanation.