IGNORED

Euchre Homebrew Update

Albert

http://www.wwnet.net/~eeid/station26/euchre.htmlErik Eid sends us word that he has created a page describing the development of his upcoming Atari 2600 game Euchre. Euchre is an adaptation of the card game of the same name that is popular in the midwestern and northeast United States. You can read all about Erik's 2600 version of the game, download the ROM to try in your favorite emulator, and look over the source code at Erik's Euchre Development Page.

Seeing as Blackjack has already been done - though not with as many options as you might be seeking - I think I'll let that one pass.

To be honest, I don't know what will come after Euchre. I'll let that decision come later, so that I don't distract myself with some new ideas before I finish Euchre itself. (Well, any more than I already am distracted. :) )

I'm glad to see that there is interest in the game. I was concerned that since Euchre is popular only in certain areas that it would just be a niche product with very little demand. (If you think about, new 2600 games are already niche products.)