IGNORED

It's despicable!

atari2600land

I'm trying to make a game where Daffy Duck is running around trying to catch a diamond. Of course, you control the diamond and poor Daffy needs some AI. Also, I'm using a Superchip and set const pfres to 32, but apparently you can't use pfcolors with it, as this is the result:

post-9475-1192147923_thumb.png

So, basically, I'd like some help here.

daffydux.bas

I'm trying to make a game where Daffy Duck is running around trying to catch a diamond. Of course, you control the diamond and poor Daffy needs some AI. Also, I'm using a Superchip and set const pfres to 32, but apparently you can't use pfcolors with it, as this is the result:

post-9475-1192147923_thumb.png

So, basically, I'd like some help here.

From removing pfcolors I noticed that it appears that the following is occurring:

* if pfres is 32 then rows 1-21 (0 based) are being skipped for assignment by pfcolors

* if pfres is 31 then rows 1-20 (0 based) are being skipped for assignment by pfcolors

* if pfres is 30 then rows 1-19 (0 based) are being skipped for assignment by pfcolors

(skipped a bunch)

* if pfres is 15 then rows 1-3 (0 based) are being skipped for assignment by pfcolors

* if pfres is 14 then rows 1-2 (0 based) are being skipped for assignment by pfcolors

* if pfres is 13 then row 1 (0 based) is being skipped for assignment by pfcolors

So pfres 12 is the best you can get away with. You'll also want to fix the x, y limits on daffy since he loses his eyes if he overlaps to the left too much.

Looks neat! I think if you wanted to you could get by without any AI and just have daffy pick up diamonds and have to watch out for traps (flying pies, etc.).

Edited by Fort Apocalypse

Is this a clone of the game from the DS's Duck Amuck? Looks just like it! Good job!

Yes it is. Right now I've just been going on screenshots and what NP has to say about the game, but I plan to get the game this weekend (if I can find it) so I know what I'm doing better. Thank you for the compliments. I've decided to take the lines from the diamond away and added a title screen which looks a little...colorful right now since the program randomly chooses colors at the top, and then goes into the game with the same colors. As of now, I'm just fooling around with the title. Right now, it's "Daffy Redux." Any other title suggestions are welcome, though. But the title screen needs to be changed unless I can find a workaround with the pfcolors thing. I'll just make the COLUPF in the game one color.

post-9475-1192200602_thumb.png

Edited by atari2600land