IGNORED

Falcon 030 Available in California

odog

Hey Atarians, I have a Falcon up for sale....

Falcon 030, unmodified

came with 4megs ram and 80 MB Hard Drive

Two Bournelli 150 MB hard drives (SCSI)

Two Bournelli 150 MB Disks

SCSI Cables

SVGA Adapter

Two MIDI Cables

All power cables

HP Deskjet 550C Printer (if you want is... ;)

The system is loaded with the original Mint that came with the computer - that's on the internal drive (which is partitioned into three drives). There is some software and games on the internal drive.

The bournelli disks (two x 150MB): One has a bunch of random software on it, including a mod tracker, an original "basic" Direct To Disc recorder, Calamus, Works, Band in a Box, games (Battle Chess!) - but most of it is a little outdated i.e. probable the last time I did anything with it was in 1998 or something like that. (kept boxed up and dry since then). The other Bournelli drive has a backup of all my software before I did some kind of re-installation in the internal hard drive.

I just set it all up and everything works - only thing I haven't figured out (and not spent much time on) is how to get BOTH bournelli's available at the same time. I do have the cables though (to chain both together with the computer).

Falcon is clean and has been kept dry in storage since around 1998.

I also have a box of old floppy's, which may or may not be accessible. Many of them are disks from an old user group which I used to attend. Many are just copies of games and software. You might find "Dungeon Master" somewhere in there, although I can't be 100% sure (if you request, I'll look)... any other q's?

Asking $600 or best offer

thanks,

~Ocean

Its now residing at its new home, MINE :)

Looks like I need to take a trip to Oakland and ATY Computers for a Clock Module replacment and maybe

a RAM upgrade and a good overall check up

Final price 400.00 plus 4.00 bridge toll, 20.00 gas and 4 hour round trip drive.

Edited by FND

Its now residing at its new home, MINE :)

Looks like I need to take a trip to Oakland and ATY Computers for a Clock Module replacment and maybe

a RAM upgrade and a good overall check up

Final price 400.00 plus 4.00 bridge toll, 20.00 gas and 4 hour round trip drive.

Thats a descent price! Congrats! Yeah all the NV Ram chips are dead by now. I just replaced mine and added new TOS and 14MB RAM card...

Thats a descent price! Congrats! Yeah all the NV Ram chips are dead by now. I just replaced mine and added new TOS and 14MB RAM card...

Thanks

Although I am happy with the purchase price I would have been much more with his original

Craigs List add, it was a give away "FREE" but so many people responded he changed his mind.

Cant fault him for that though

Just finished taking it apart and all looks great so far no rust and only a small amount of dust

inside. The unit must have been set up with the back side to a window as the back edge looks to

have some discoloration (slightly darker then the rest) only on the back edge though as the top

and all the other sides are the same color. Still has the clear plastic protective sheet on the

Falcon name tag and not a ding or chip to be found on the case, the bottom label does have some

staining/discolored areas

I think I will also look into the 4.04 TOS upgrade as well.

Did you get your 14MB RAM Card from Best ? I have not called yet but was curious if its a original

Atari Falcon or a after market type Ram Upgrade. Looking at my old Best catalog I see he also

has a 16 MB Wizztronics upgrade that uses a 16 MB low profile SIMM that is just a plug in type upgrade

that seems to be a simple swap with the original 4 MB board. I would prefer to keep my system with

original hardware but if not a simple upgrade that can be put back to original is just as good.

FND

When he called me back about the Falcon, I told him everything he need to get the most from the buyer. He would have gotten more off Ebay but, thats his choice. Once someone doesnt except my offer, and I wont go any higher I tell them what they should get for the Atari. I sent him a few links and looks like he made a good sale. Seemed like a nice guy and a very unusual name.

Still looks like you got a great deal.

AO

When he called me back about the Falcon, I told him everything he need to get the most from the buyer. He would have gotten more off Ebay but, thats his choice. Once someone doesnt except my offer, and I wont go any higher I tell them what they should get for the Atari. I sent him a few links and looks like he made a good sale. Seemed like a nice guy and a very unusual name.

Still looks like you got a great deal.

AO

Curious how much did you offer him? I thought 400.00 was a good offer considering he was originally going to give it away.

I think you got a great deal as well. I just bought a 030 off Egay for $750 (plus shipping). The guy I got it from is well known here and I've purchased stuff from him before so I knew it would be in good shape. It came fully loaded with a full 14 megs of RAM along with a 240 meg hard drive (4 60 meg partitions). As an added bonus, it belonged to a former Atari Engineer (apparently a Jag programmer) and has a number of Jag technical files and source code! In looking at the prices at B & C I felt it was a good deal. I'm happy. In any case, congrats, you got a great deal!

tjb

Edited by tjb

I think you got a great deal as well. I just bought a 030 off Egay for $750 (plus shipping). The guy I got it from is well known here and I've purchased stuff from him before so I knew it would be in good shape. It came fully loaded with a full 14 megs of RAM along with a 240 meg hard drive (4 60 meg partitions). As an added bonus, it belonged to a former Atari Engineer (apparently a Jag programmer) and has a number of Jag technical files and source code! In looking at the prices at B & C I felt it was a good deal. I'm happy. In any case, congrats, you got a great deal!

tjb

While doing some web searching on the Falcon I read somewhere that Atari had keept a few of the Falcons to use and sell as

Jag Development systems so I would guess yours would also be considered a Jag Development system. I need to go back and

see if I can find it again as I think I remember it saying they were somehow upgraded but it may have just been the larger

RAM package?

Being as its one of the last made systems with the Jag stuff, Cant be many of them, I think you got an awsome deal as well

I am also curious of your Systems serial Number, I wonder if it has a special designation (prefix) that would alert you

to its special use ?

Maybe I should start a Falcon Serial Number thread and try and figure it out ?

Mine is ATARI FALCON030 USA Serial Number: Y 43502 1000440

FND

While doing some web searching on the Falcon I read somewhere that Atari had keept a few of the Falcons to use and sell as

Jag Development systems so I would guess yours would also be considered a Jag Development system. I need to go back and

see if I can find it again as I think I remember it saying they were somehow upgraded but it may have just been the larger

RAM package?

Being as its one of the last made systems with the Jag stuff, Cant be many of them, I think you got an awsome deal as well

I am also curious of your Systems serial Number, I wonder if it has a special designation (prefix) that would alert you

to its special use ?

Maybe I should start a Falcon Serial Number thread and try and figure it out ?

Mine is ATARI FALCON030 USA Serial Number: Y 43502 1000440

FND

Ok, mine says:

Atari Falcon030 USA

Serial Number: Y 43602 1003426

FWIW, it also mentions that it was made in Taiwan. The memory section says 4 MB while the hard drive section is blank. Seems to be a stock Falcon externally. I'll open it up this weekend and post pictures. According to the previous owner he purchased it from "Hans Krober, Atari Engineer". Moby games has an entry for him here:

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/v...eloperId,63017/

He's credited with the Iron Soldier series, Fight For Life, and Hover Strike. Hopefully the guy I purchased it from will run across this thread and chime in with additional info.

tjb

After doing some more searching it looks like the Falcons were only part of the Jag Development hardware

the most important part would have been a Special Development Jaquar and a large board that interfaces between

the Jaq and the Falcon.

So even though yours is not the full Development system it does still contain the software which is pritty cool

I think I will go ahead and start a thread over in the "Atari ST/TT computer" section and see if I can get a list

of Falcon serial numbers going

• 5 months later...
I think I will also look into the 4.04 TOS upgrade as well.

Did you get your 14MB RAM Card from Best ? I have not called yet but was curious if its a original

Atari Falcon or a after market type Ram Upgrade. Looking at my old Best catalog I see he also

has a 16 MB Wizztronics upgrade that uses a 16 MB low profile SIMM that is just a plug in type upgrade

that seems to be a simple swap with the original 4 MB board. I would prefer to keep my system with

original hardware but if not a simple upgrade that can be put back to original is just as good.

FND

I got the Ram card from a guy in Europe. Don't think there was an offical Atari 14MB RAM card. All 3rd party.

TOS 4.04 I burned myself. Let me know if you want one.