IGNORED

Question: ColecoVision Experience

Syphor

Now, I admit I haven't done heavy searching to find if scans of these are publicly available, but I did do a little bit and none showed up easily. The point is, I have copies (in good condition) of all three issues of Coleco Vision Experience, including the bonus sticker sheet, the iron-on transfer, the Welcome to the Club letter, and the letter sent out to subscribers when they closed the club down.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in me taking some time out to scan all of these and put the images up somewhere. My scanner's not all that great, but it'd be better than nothing. 'Course, if someone already knows where scans are, it'd be nice to know that as well. :)

Hell yeah! I missed out on purchasing just one copy (I think the first one) off ebay a while back and have regretted it ever since,oh what I wouldn't give....

I wouldn't worry about it too much...the first issue pops up all the time. The others are considerably rarer.

Hell yeah! I missed out on purchasing just one copy (I think the first one) off ebay a while back and have regretted it ever since,oh what I wouldn't give....

The first issue is going to run you around $25 +/- a few bucks. The others (did Colecovision Experience go past 3 issues?) go for a lot more.

I don't believe there are scans of these available anywhere yet. I only have the first issue myself.

You should contact ten-four, I'm sure he'd love to put them on his site.

http://www.colecovision.dk

Sounds like a good idea to me. I will say my original thought had been to post links to the images here (stored on a Photobucket account for the moment) if this wouldn't be a problem. I'd rather wait on offering the (higher-res) images to ten-four until I've at least got one or more of the issues fully scanned. :P Right now I only have a couple of pages and the extras I mentioned. (Some of which I need to rescan but will be good enough for the moment)

If the temporary measure of posting image links here is fine with people, I'll go ahead and post scans of the extras that I've done so far.

Having all that ColecoVision goodness online would be a great idea. I'd be happy to post higher-res scans of all the issues on ColecoNation. Having the original ColecoVision side-by-side it's contemporary version would be pretty cool. While I only have the first issue, CV Experience was definitely a big influence on the creation of my website.

+ Nathan

Well, for those who already have Experience 1, sorry, but the others will be coming shortly. :P The other issues aren't in as overall good condition as I'd remembered, but they're intact.

I'd have thumbnailed it all but I hadn't thought of there being a limit on images. Sorry. ;)

Edit: Forgot to mention... I DO have the Zaxxon poster, but as it's still in the magazine, I'm not detaching it to scan at the moment.

Here's the extra stuff I mentioned...

th_ColecoIron-OnTransfer.jpgth_VideoClubStickers.jpgth_Video_Club_Welcome_Letter.jpgth_Video_Club_Closed_Letter.png

Issue 1:

Experience1-Errata.jpg

Experience1-Page00-Cover.jpg

Experience1-Page01.jpg

Experience1-Page02.jpg

Experience1-Page03.jpg

Experience1-Page04.jpg

Experience1-Page05.jpg

Experience1-Page06.jpg

Experience1-Page07.jpg

Experience1-Page08.jpg

Experience1-Page09.jpg

Experience1-Page10.jpg

Experience1-Page11.jpg

Experience1-Page12.jpg

Experience1-Page13.jpg

Experience1-Page14.jpg

Experience1-Page15.jpg

Experience1-Page16.jpg

Experience1-Page17.jpg

Experience1-Page18.jpg

Experience1-Page19.jpg

Edited by Syphor
  • Like 1

I have some rare stickers from ColecoVision. I used to write them all the time and call and they would send me stuff like game instruction booklets and stickers.

I have a sticker that says "I heart MY ADAM" (the heart is an actual heart) and the sticker is silver. I took off the white info sticker affixed to every coleco and slapped that puppy on!

the other stickers I have are bumper stickers that say "GOTTA GET HOME TO MY COLECOVISION" and it featured the cast of characters for the video games of that time. ill do some digging and post some later.

I have some rare stickers from ColecoVision. I used to write them all the time and call and they would send me stuff like game instruction booklets and stickers.

I have a sticker that says "I heart MY ADAM" (the heart is an actual heart) and the sticker is silver. I took off the white info sticker affixed to every coleco and slapped that puppy on!

the other stickers I have are bumper stickers that say "GOTTA GET HOME TO MY COLECOVISION" and it featured the cast of characters for the video games of that time. ill do some digging and post some later.

Sounds awesome, I look forwards to seeing them. :) The more pictures/scans posted of this sort of thing, the better, I think.

Speaking of which...

Adam Advertisement Insert: (Fun note, it says "Pending FCC Approval" at the bottom)

th_AdamAdvertPage1.jpgth_AdamAdvertPage2-3.jpgth_AdamAdvertPage4.jpg

Issue 2:

Experience2-Card-Side1.jpg

Experience2-Card-Side2.jpg

Experience2-Page00-Cover.jpg

Experience2-Page01.jpg

Experience2-Page02.jpg

Experience2-Page03.jpg

Experience2-Page04.jpg

Experience2-Page05.jpg

Experience2-Page06.jpg

Experience2-Page07.jpg

Experience2-Page08.jpg

Experience2-Page09.jpg

Experience2-Page10.jpg

Experience2-Page11.jpg

Experience2-Page12.jpg

Experience2-Page13.jpg

Experience2-Page14.jpg

Experience2-Page15.jpg

Experience2-Page16.jpg

Experience2-Page17.jpg

Experience2-Page18.jpg

Experience2-Page19.jpg

Experience2-Page20.jpg

Experience2-Page21.jpg

Experience2-Page22.jpg

Experience2-Page23.jpg

Experience2-Page24.jpg

Experience2-Page25.jpg

• Like 1

Great stuff here! Anyone know if it's possible to get these into PDF, paperport or MAX format?

Thanks for taking the trouble to scan these, Syphor! I'd like to host copies on my site too eventually if you don't object-- colecocollector.com, when I get it up and running.

Murph

(<-Notice the avitar? :) lol)

Edited by Murph74

Great stuff here! Anyone know if it's possible to get these into PDF, paperport or MAX format?

Thanks for taking the trouble to scan these, Syphor! I'd like to host copies on my site too eventually if you don't object-- colecocollector.com, when I get it up and running.

Murph

Not wanting to steal any of Syphor's thunder but I could provide PDF copies easily. I have all three magazines in very good condition and can scan then straight to PDF using a high quality scanner. Don't want to tread on Syphor's toes, but happy to do this for you if he can't. Just let me know.

I must admit, this is something that has been on my todo/wish list anyway so good on you Syphor for kicking this off. Would be great to get these hosted and available from a quick Google.

Murph

Well, you can turn each issue into a CBR/CBZ archive (renamed RAR/ZIP file, oft used for comic books) or an image PDF. Donno how to on the last, never've done it myself.

You're quite welcome for the scans, and your question makes me realize that I hadn't actually said anywhere in this thread. xD Feel free to host copies. There's no problem.. I didn't exactly create the original content and I think that the more copies of this that are out there, the less chance of it just vanishing in the future. It'd be really nice to be credited as the scan source, but it isn't required. :cool:

Edit:

Ikrananka: Feel free if you want to. I've almost got the third one completely scanned, so I'll be posting it in any case. Like I said above, the more copies around, the better, I think. :)

Edited by Syphor

Well, you can turn each issue into a CBR/CBZ archive (renamed RAR/ZIP file, oft used for comic books) or an image PDF. Donno how to on the last, never've done it myself.

I've got Adobe Acrobat (the writer version) and so can easily create and manipulate PDF files. I'll scan mine in and others can maybe select whichever one of ours comes out to be the better quality.

Great to see the other items you've scanned. Will be great to see all of this hosted on all of our favourite ColecoVision websites (including Murph's upcoming website).

Hey, great to see you have those issues. If you still need help with scanning at a higher resolution or help with editing let me know. I am actually almost finished with the Fall 1983 issue of Colecovision Experience. I spent many hours editing and restoring this issue and would do the same with the other 2 as well. I recently upgraded to a new Epson Perfection scanner. I'm pretty impressed with the quality and have been re-scanning some of the older things I originally scanned with my HP Scanjet 6200cxi.

I have an example of the before and after Colecovision Experience cover here if you want to check it out. I spent a few hours on the cover alone :P I am pretty OCD when it comes to this sort of thing...

http://spoonman.roarvgm.com/videogame/mags...tters/index.htm Scroll to the bottom of the page.

I'm up for helping out!

Hey, great to see you have those issues. If you still need help with scanning at a higher resolution or help with editing let me know. I am actually almost finished with the Fall 1983 issue of Colecovision Experience. I spent many hours editing and restoring this issue and would do the same with the other 2 as well. I recently upgraded to a new Epson Perfection scanner. I'm pretty impressed with the quality and have been re-scanning some of the older things I originally scanned with my HP Scanjet 6200cxi.

I have an example of the before and after Colecovision Experience cover here if you want to check it out. I spent a few hours on the cover alone :P I am pretty OCD when it comes to this sort of thing...

http://spoonman.roarvgm.com/videogame/mags...tters/index.htm Scroll to the bottom of the page.

I'm up for helping out!

Very impressive job, I must say! (I did get the PM, but since you posted a similar message here, I thought I might as well post in the main thread) Feel free to work on the images I've uploaded at leisure, I certainly don't mind. I'd offer the original scans (at 600DPI) for you to work on, but being stuck on dialup means I ain't getting them to you - or anyone else - via the net. It'd have to be physically mailed on a DVD-R. (All files total at only a little less than 4.5gb)

Since you mentioned it in the PM, I also prefer CBR/CBZ over PDF for the ease of portability. However, that varies for different people. :P Anyhow, like I said earlier in the thread, feel free to do pretty much what you like to these. It'd be nice to be credited as the original scan source, but not required - my big thing is making these available at all.

As it turns out, I found I have a few other things that might end up being scanned later. We'll see. :)

Side thought - does anyone have full Colecovision manual scans up? A quick search found someone who had them in TXT format, but it's not quite the same.