IGNORED

Free Tablespace for Homebrewers at TooManyGames Convention

ECGXChuck

Heya, AA'ers!

Once again we at TooManyGames are looking to introduce some brand new homebrew games to the world, and where better to look for new classic console games than here at AtariAge!

TooManyGames is setting aside 3 (possibly more depending on the response we get!) totally free tables which homebrewers can come in with their new games and demo and sell them! There's totally no fee for this, you'll get into the show free, you'll get space for free, no charge for electricity, nothing! There are a few small stipulations tho'. 8*)

First, nothing can run on a PC or emulator. Games have to run on actual console hardware either from a production cart or a dev tool like the Cuttle Cart. Second, if it's gonna be for sale it's gotta be a new game and not a rom hack. Third, this is optional but it'd be cool if you could help us out, give us an exclusive release for the game. Anyone who give TMG an exclusive release for a new game we will promote your game on the front page of the website and include it in a future press release for the show.

Anyone who sets up has to bring their own TV and hardware for their display. Each table will likely be shared by two people, so please don't bring a huge setup. 8*)

TooManyGames is going to be held Sunday May 4th, 2008 in Reading, PA. More info can be found in the Events forum here on AA or on our website at http://www.toomanygames.com

Edited by ECGXChuck

Anyone who give TMG an exclusive release for a new game we will promote your game on the front page of the website and include it in a future press release for the show.

How much lead time do you need to have a homebrew be included in promo material?

We're already sending out press releases and whatnot right now just to inform people of the show, but we'll be going into our full advertising blitz in mid to late February.

Probably should have mentioned this in the original post. You'll have to contact me to reserve space so I know how many tables I have to put aside for homebrewers. Drop me a PM here or shoot me an e-mail at chuck@toomanygames.com

I think I can't go to this event... but, it looks like a great event. Coleco homebrew games are allowed too?

I will talk with my friends to see what they think about this offer and what can be done in time.

I think I can't go to this event... but, it looks like a great event. Coleco homebrew games are allowed too?

I will talk with my friends to see what they think about this offer and what can be done in time.

Absolutely Coleco's allowed! I don't know if there's a specific Coleco homebrew group so I just posted here and hoped word would get around. 8*) I shot a message off to the IntvProg group on Yahoo too informing them of the free space.

Absolutely Coleco's allowed! I don't know if there's a specific Coleco homebrew group so I just posted here and hoped word would get around. 8*) I shot a message off to the IntvProg group on Yahoo too informing them of the free space.

Thanks for your quick reply. Well, there is a group of coleco programmers in Yahoo web site, and another group of coleco users and programmers named Adamcon.org, and certainly other small groups.

Ho! I like your picture with an Intellivision II game system. I think I still have my Intellivision 1 somewere.

Edited by newcoleco

Thanks for your quick reply. Well, there is a group of coleco programmers in Yahoo web site, and another group of coleco users and programmers named Adamcon.org, and certainly other small groups.

Ho! I like your picture with an Intellivision II game system. I think I still have my Intellivision 1 somewere.

I'll have to check out those groups and put word out there then!

Heh, I took that picture ages ago when NGage sidetalking was all the rage. 8*) On that note, I'm still rocking my NGage as my primary cell.

• 2 months later...
Just wanted to bump this thread. The offer's still on the table for any interested homebrewers. No one's directly contacted me with a new game release yet. We'd love to debut some new games at our May 4th show.

Let me help you to "bump this thread" a little bit more.

Well, Since I talked with the Coleco programmers, we are interrested to accept your offer. However we still have no plan for now.

We have to discuss even more about it, at least to know if someone can be there and represent the coleco homebrew programmers. So, right now, there is no plan, and I personnaly can't go there, like I said in a previous message.

Give me a deadline to give you a final decision and we will see what we can do.

Just wanted to bump this thread. The offer's still on the table for any interested homebrewers. No one's directly contacted me with a new game release yet. We'd love to debut some new games at our May 4th show.

Let me help you to "bump this thread" a little bit more.

Well, Since I talked with the Coleco programmers, we are interrested to accept your offer. However we still have no plan for now.

We have to discuss even more about it, at least to know if someone can be there and represent the coleco homebrew programmers. So, right now, there is no plan, and I personnaly can't go there, like I said in a previous message.

Give me a deadline to give you a final decision and we will see what we can do.

No deadline, but we'd like to promote it tho'! If we have definites for homebrew releases or demos we'll be sending out a press release showcasing what's to be expected from the homebrew community.