IGNORED

Mule Wars

Gury

http://atari.limitevisual.com/index.html

The game have IA, but try with human players. If you find any bug please write here.

Nice Game.

I found two bugs:

* When selecting your player-type the complete selection screen is very often fully garbled in PAL.

(You just can choose your kind of race 'blind'.) In NTSC this seems not to happen (checked

with A800-WinPlus.

* Select a 'attack from' area and let the time run out. Now the time bar on the left side is filled

with the number character which was 'active' in the selected area.

Let me know if you have problems reproducing the problems.

CU

Irgendwer

PS: Do you have thought about drawing the map in a 'Graphics 10' (9-Color) mode? The numbers

of the areas could maintain their resolution by using PM graphic-overlays. If there are more than

5 numbers in one scanline the position could easily vertically adjusted so that there aren't any

conflicts... (I don't like the striped areas very much...)

9-colour mode gr.10... does effect the colour registers of the Player gfx... so its not a good solution to use Players in that mode...

maybe missles but not even the 5th colour is working (704,705,706,707,708,709,710,711,712 all colour registers are used in that mode to get the 9 colours)...

@Irgendwer:

Thanks for the bugs reported. I think the second bug you mentioned only happened some times. I try to reproduce on emulator.

Interesting for me how could see the stripe image on PAL TVs, maybe someone could take a real PAL screenshot, really on NTSC the colors blends very well and I see then as solid colors, specially the brown (red+green stripes).

9-colour mode gr.10... does effect the colour registers of the Player gfx... so its not a good solution to use Players in that mode...

maybe missles but not even the 5th colour is working (704,705,706,707,708,709,710,711,712 all colour registers are used in that mode to get the 9 colours)...

Arrggss....

Ofcourse it is a good idea to have the players working at gr. 10

You don't get new colours here (except the GPRIOR ones :ponder: ) , but can use the players to give the background some resolution enhancement.

Together with midlinechanges you could even create 256 colour pictures with a visuable resolution of 160x192(239) in gr. 9 without interlace!

Sure - all color registers are in use. But this is not really a drawback in the described case (resolution enhancement / labels).

yes...but have a look at mule wars...there are PM gfx used for cursor etc...

Ok. The map screen I've quickly checked never contains more than 4 numbers in one scanline. The 5th

player could be used as cursor and you still have 8 individual colors for 7 kind of tribes. Should work...

CU

Irgendwer

Edited by Irgendwer

• 5 months later...
@Irgendwer:

Thanks for the bugs reported. I think the second bug you mentioned only happened some times. I try to reproduce on emulator.

Interesting for me how could see the stripe image on PAL TVs, maybe someone could take a real PAL screenshot, really on NTSC the colors blends very well and I see then as solid colors, specially the brown (red+green stripes).

Sorry, it took a while, but here it comes: A real TV-PAL-screenshot.

CU

Irgendwer

post-7778-1209586069_thumb.jpg

Edited by Irgendwer