IGNORED

Blue Screen of Death

SeaGtGruff

Let me guess.....your PC crashed on you and screwed up some work you did,

so this inspired you and motivated out of fustration, you decided to write this?

Not exactly. I *have* gotten "the blue screen of death" before-- including several times on my laptop before the hard drive crashed completely-- but the original program is just a blue screen, which is/was a sample "my first 2600 program" for my tutorial, to show how to write a simple display loop in bB, or a simple kernel loop in assembly. The second version adds the playfield text message that says "Windows died, dude!" And this is the third version, but not necessarily the last. When I was writing it last night, I was thinking I could let the user fire at the Windows flag, or draw the flag smaller but have multiple copies of the sprite. It could be sort of a spoof on "Space Invaders" or "Galaxian" or things like that. In fact, it could be one of the "let's work on a game together" programs in the tutorial, being expanded on as each new session teaches the reader about new things. Also, I wanted to have an animated "flapping in the breeze" flag, but I couldn't do it last night. Even something as simple as tilting the flag 10 degrees to the right looked pretty crappy with the limitations of the sprite resolution.

Michael

Ummm.......OK.......I downloaded the Blue_Screen_Of_Death now how do I view /watch it ???

On an emulator or multicart. :)

It just bounces the Windows flag around for several minutes, then the error message comes up and it doesn't do anything else. I think I'll eventually try to create some kind of "space shooter" game from this, as part of my bB tutorial (which I've resumed work on), where you fly an Atari Fuji ship and try to destroy the Windows Flag ships. But for now this is just a bouncing flag and an error message.

Michael