IGNORED

Atari 2600 prototype game from Telesys

This is the same guy (a former salesman for Telesys) who was selling the Telesys bundles (with the Fast Food t-shirts) in July 2007. He mentioned that he had this prototype, so now it's interesting to see it up for sale - I thought he might have sold it privately or just forgotten about it.

You're welcome to spend your money on it.

I don´t hunt protos........ :P

I'll cover it with saran wrap for you for a small fee!!

Let me think about that........ :rolling:

Intresting story about the salesman fella, do you think hes sitting on a ton of Telesis stuff?

According to some private messages I got from him, this was a box of stuff leftover from his sales days that he quite literally found in the back of a closet, and all he had was a set of 6 of the Telesys 2600 releases (mostly CIB, a few manuals were missing) that included the Fast Food t-shirt (I bought that set from him), another Fast Food t-shirt, maybe a few other loose and/or boxed games, and IIRC he had an A8 prototype (might have been Fast Food) that was auctioned off (for $717.38 - might have been some other stuff in the auction, too). He also had some sales brochures and stuff that he said he was going to send to me, but he never did. Oh well.

also why is ebay against the sales of prototypes?

Not all of them are legal to sell (clearance of ownership issues).

Intresting story about the salesman fella, do you think hes sitting on a ton of Telesis stuff?

According to some private messages I got from him, this was a box of stuff leftover from his sales days that he quite literally found in the back of a closet, and all he had was a set of 6 of the Telesys 2600 releases (mostly CIB, a few manuals were missing) that included the Fast Food t-shirt (I bought that set from him), another Fast Food t-shirt, maybe a few other loose and/or boxed games, and IIRC he had an A8 prototype (might have been Fast Food) that was auctioned off (for $717.38 - might have been some other stuff in the auction, too). He also had some sales brochures and stuff that he said he was going to send to me, but he never did. Oh well.

also why is ebay against the sales of prototypes?

Not all of them are legal to sell (clearance of ownership issues).

makes you wonder with the colectable stuff with there being so many things still underscovered when the price point will be reached on average cartridges ect for people to actualy look for them. if that happened then many of the prices for the regular stuff would come down quite a bit i would think. I rember seeing some documentary where there were baskets full of boxed games for $1 or something crazy.

the ownership issues thats a intresting point i had not considered.

i guess the same would go to game development material relateing to a project.

?!?

I must have been sleeping.

Pretty sure I mentioned it to you a few weeks back.

...IIRC he had an A8 prototype (might have been Fast Food) that was auctioned off (for $717.38 - might have been some other stuff in the auction, too).

I believe a Demolition Herby proto was included in the Fast Food auction.

Edited by PingvinBlueJeans

...IIRC he had an A8 prototype (might have been Fast Food) that was auctioned off (for $717.38 - might have been some other stuff in the auction, too).

I believe a Demolition Herby proto was included in the Fast Food auction.

Ah, that's right, I found the orange cat post:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1355349

someone invite the seller here. who needs ebay?

I did right when the auction started...he just messaged me back:

Having trouble responding about Bouncing Baby Bunnies. eBay is doing everything they can to block communication. Actually, I should find someone with a 2600 and try this cart. I have no reason to believe it doesn't work but then I can't give 100% assurance either. Thanks for the advice