IGNORED

Updated Classics you'd like to see on the Jaguar.

Gorf

Ok guys but how would you like them updated?

I say whatever you do....the game play and the original game sounds

must be priorities. That is not to say you can't add new sounds or new

game play...just don't do either/or if it ruins the feel of the original...

...which is why one would bother to update a classic for in the first

place.

I think Haunted House would be sweet on JagCD done in a first-person style of game with creepy background sounds and music.

I don't think doing it in a souped up 2D way would be too bad though.

There is always the diablo style too. It might work for a Haunted House.

Name them.

Here is one I bet most of you would dig.......

post-3357-1200603307_thumb.jpg

Im sorry........I love G-shading.......I just love the surreal look it gives.

Yes....this is a running app. No it wont ever be released....not my IP.

Holy fck!, where can i check the video Gorf!!! ;)

Darn, i wont be able to sleep thinking of that pic, why Gorf, why did you have to tease us!!!

You are right Gshading rules, its the Jags trademark, no other console has that look on their games.

So, besides Adventure 2000 and Gorf 2000, i would like i dunno, a racing game with tron style vehicles and graphics :cool: ;) .

Gorf, you ever thought about how you would do a Yars Revenge update?, i have heard thet its one of your favorite games.

Edited by sd32

I'd go for Crystal Castles and the Classics (Space Invaders, Asteroids, Battlezone and PacMac).

For most of these it may be possible to do a 3D version, certainly on Space Invader you could do them in 3D and allow the user to tilt the view from classic view to looking straight up at them from below, I have seen PC version that do this.

I know that Pac Man 3D has been done before but how about Pac Man 3D but where each maze is on one side of a cube. Instead of comming of one side of the maze and into the other as you leave one edge of the maze the cube rotates to show the maze on that face (each face has a different maze), to finish a level you have to clear all six faces.

Perhaps replace some of the Power Pills with other types of pill such as a Super Power Pill or Cameleon Pill. A Super Power Pill is similar to a normal one except that you also get a speed boost so that you can get a lot of them as with six sides you can have a lot of ghosts about (say 4 starting on each face and able to move from face to face via the same points as Pac Man). The Cameleon pill would make you appear like a ghost for a while so they don't kill you if you meet but you can't eat them either.

Name them.

Here is one I bet most of you would dig.......

post-3357-1200603307_thumb.jpg

Im sorry........I love G-shading.......I just love the surreal look it gives.

Yes....this is a running app. No it wont ever be released....not my IP.

Holy fck!, where can i check the video Gorf!!! ;)

Darn, i wont be able to sleep thinking of that pic, why Gorf, why did you have to tease us!!!

You are right Gshading rules, its the Jags trademark, no other console has that look on their games.

So, besides Adventure 2000 and Gorf 2000, i would like i dunno, a racing game with tron style vehicles and graphics :cool: ;) .

Gorf, you ever thought about how you would do a Yars Revenge update?, i have heard thet its one of your favorite games.

I done much more than think about it.....I've been playing it.... :P

Ooops!.......did I say that.....?

I'd go for Crystal Castles and the Classics (Space Invaders, Asteroids, Battlezone and PacMac).

For most of these it may be possible to do a 3D version, certainly on Space Invader you could do them in 3D and allow the user to tilt the view from classic view to looking straight up at them from below,

Like this?

post-3357-1200660293_thumb.jpg

How about something that can be released :lol:

Actually.....you might start holding your breath this time.... :)

There are a couple goodies being brought back into the dev server.

Our contract work is almost finished. We are finding a few moments

here and there to work on the almost finished Jaguar titles.....I

beleive so muc so even that Scott made mention of the need for us

to be purchasing boxes and labels.

Film at 11

Haunted House on the Doom engine would be great but i was thinking more on keeping it an overhead view like the original and adding pop up scares while searching through the rooms of the house similar to The Haunting Starring Polterguy on the Genesis.

Yars Revenge would be also somewhat FPS style with the camera just behind the Yar and you fly through space the neutral zone between you and the enemy would be a wall of multicolored stars just dense enough to barely see through the floating cursor would take many shots to destroy but once killed would not return till the next stage.

Berzerk would be a combo cart with two exciting modes of play a FPS maze crawl with the ability to sneak around corners, and an overhead style that stars slow then gets insane fast as time goes on but you can get armor and weapon powerups to even the odds.