IGNORED

JAGUAR HSC - January - Raiden - Ultra Luigi_4,866,300

doctorclu

The first game is...

RAIDEN

This contest ended February 1, 2008. While the top points are taken, this is now open to general play and maybe one day someone will beat the 2 million score that was made during the contest! :D

Rules:

Play for *2* credits, one player.

-All controllers accepted (including rapid fire)

Get on here and put a picture up of the final score, or tell us the score on your honor.

Summary...

1) 4,866,300_Ultra Luigi (AA)

2,940,090_Austin

2) 2,328,070_GunStarHero (AA)

3) 2,023,080_AtarDi (AA)

4) 1,797,430_KevInCal (AA)

5) 844,140_IsGoed (AA)

6) 776,160_GunStar (AA)

7) 635,350_Pocket (AA)

8) 509,890_JeremiahJt (AA)

9) 391,710_ViMaster (AA)

10) 222,410_BuddyBuddies (AA)

11) 200,890_DoctorClu (AA)

12) 96,100_Otaku (AA)

13) 58,680_Dan Iacovelli (AA)

14) 53,220_RoadRunner (AA)

This thread will stay open for the following reasons...

1) If you have Raiden, but don't have a game of a current contest, you can play Raiden and get one point.

2) If you did not get a chance to play this during the contest, you can play this, once again, only getting one point (but better than nothing right?)

3) You can beat the HIGH SCORE and have your score in the title of this thread, but still, again, earning one point. :D

And I'll try to update this as we go. :D Thanks for all who played!

Edited by kevincal

(Trying to figure out how to post HTML script here...), but the score sheet is attached till I do.

Raiden, one player, standard difficulty, and I forgot to check, but whatever the default lives are, what is it, two or three?

Standad Jaguar controllers (no rapid fire)

(And I think it goes without saying, no cheat codes active)

This game is a classic!! Good luck!

Ends Noon EST on February 1, 2008

(My thanks to Goochman who let me use the format that I've enjoyed so much in the AtariAge 8-bit HSC contests!)

guess im standing this one out :( no raiden..

You need to copy the HTML and paste into the msg - then set the 'Post Options' to 'HTML On - Raw Linebreak Mode'

Trying. As you can see on the picture below, I get the HTML working, but when I save it, I get nothing when I look at this thread when it's been refreshed.

Tried to post a straight up jpeg... No luck. Atariage is being very unfriendly to me tonight.

Anwyay, revised rules are at the top.

My first score .. 137,790. (Actually my first was like 213,000 ish, but I didn't realize the score left the screen so soon, so we won't count that.)

The ending score only stays on the screen for like 6 seconds, so either have that camera ready, or just look at your score real quick and put it here.

Picture_1.pdf

Edited by doctorclu

Doctorclu -It appears you are trying to Export HTML from Excel - that wont work as Excel tries to put all kinds of stylesheets and stuff in it.Easiest way is to copy the score table in Excel and paste it into an HTML product like Frontpage 2003 - it will turn the cells into a simple HTML Table (thats how I do it) - Your previous HTML export was too complicated for the board software.

Edited by Goochman

Well, I played for a little today and got up to 391,710 points.

I have a photo of it, but I figure I'll wait to post my final score photo when I'm ready to submit it for the contest.

At first I thought, "hey, that's a pretty good score!"

Then I looked at the Hall of Aces and realized it's been way too long since I'd played it ;)

I had this exact copy of the game back in 94 when I got my Jag and I probably haven't played it since 95 or 96.

My top score back then was quite a bit better than my crappiness now, lol!

Of course, I know that won't cut it for the compo, but just thought I'd throw a pic of it up for comparison purposes... comparison to my lacking video game skills these days :D

post-12138-1200792773_thumb.jpg

I would prefer if we just used a single credit, I'm not sure what allowing people to continue really proves. At any rate, I'll submit two scores/pictures.

I managed to score 690,310 using one credit as proven with the first picture. My score with 2 credits isn't much higher due to the nature of the game, at 745,990. (I guess this second score should be the one submitted due to current rules). It's too bad this game doesn't incorporate a function in the score to show how many credits have been used, much like most Neo Geo games do (last number of score designates how many credits used).

post-3519-1200799495_thumb.jpg post-3519-1200799504_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gunstarhero

I would prefer if we just used a single credit, I'm not sure what allowing people to continue really proves. At any rate, I'll submit two scores/pictures.

I managed to score 690,310 using one credit as proven with the first picture. My score with 2 credits isn't much higher due to the nature of the game, at 745,990. (I guess this second score should be the one submitted due to current rules). It's too bad this game doesn't incorporate a function in the score to show how many credits have been used, much like most Neo Geo games do (last number of score designates how many credits used).

post-3519-1200799495_thumb.jpg post-3519-1200799504_thumb.jpg

I didn't know there was an option to have only 1 credit. The first choice when I go to play gives 2 credits.

Started up a game of Raiden at halftime of the AFCCG and ended up missing the entire 3rd Q and half of the 4th. I just owned this game so I'll post my new score of 2,328,070. Yes thats only 2 creds. I had 1,033,170 after 1 credit. :ponder:

post-3519-1200869019_thumb.jpg

*edit: I can't believe how many of you don't have this game, that's a huge party foul for Jag owners. It's not even expensive, and it's top tier for this system.

Edited by Gunstarhero

Started up a game of Raiden at halftime of the AFCCG and ended up missing the entire 3rd Q and half of the 4th. I just owned this game so I'll post my new score of 2,328,070. Yes thats only 2 creds. I had 1,033,170 after 1 credit. :ponder:

post-3519-1200869019_thumb.jpg

*edit: I can't believe how many of you don't have this game, that's a huge party foul for Jag owners. It's not even expensive, and it's top tier for this system.

Amazing score! Well, now we have two weeks to attempt to beat that. :D

Yes amazing, that's what I did with 7 credits on my cart :P

That's about right for me too, with 7 creds..., I've hadn't really played it for a LONG time, so right now I'm hovering around 350K with 2 creds, so I'll have to keep working...

I try to use my bombs until I get to the end of the stage.

also what helps if you get the superpower ups on your gun (from homming missisles,quad missiles to super missiles(that fires all over the place) and if your lucky you can also get more power on that

also try to get more bomb power ups the the more you collect the more bombs you gets)

Half your score is bonus points, so NOT using bombs is the best way to quickly score. I usually have 325,000 after the 2nd round boss.

Yes I know, don't use the bombs and collect the medals, it gives you plenty of points :)

Moreover, you have special bonuses of 5 000 and 10 000 points (quite rare, for this one)

Edited by Pocket