IGNORED

2600 Homebrew of the Year 2007

Cybergoth

Hi there!

Last year I ran a nomination thread for the HotY 2006 poll: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=99740

In 2007 there were fewer titles entering the AA store, according to my notes this is a complete list of new entries:

Bee-Ball by Ivan Machado
Colony 7 by Manuel Rotschkar
Elevators Amiss by Bob Montgomery
Encaved by Simon Quernhorst
Gingerbread Man by Fred Quimby
GoSub by Chris Read
Melbourne Tatty by Edward Griffiths
N.E.R.D.S. by Sam "|*BILLY$CLINT*|" Deiter
Raster Fahndung by Simon Quernhorst
Squish 'Em by Bob Montgomery
Stella's Stocking by Various
Sync by Simone Serra
The Last Ninja by Ryan Cope

So, instead of doing nominations, I thought to just have all of them enter the official HotY 2007 poll this time. It will be launched in early April, just like the previous two years: 2005 / 2006

Basically I'm posting the list now to A) make sure that I didn't forget anything and B) to give the authors a chance to bail out, in case they don't want to have their game participating in the poll.

Greetings,

Manuel

Gingerbread Man was released at NWCGE, so at least some copies of that one are out there.

Don't forget The Last Ninja and N.E.R.D.S. :roll:

Also - is this limited to just 2600 homebrews? There are a few new 7800 ones, and Adventure II finally shipped this year for the 5200.

Interesting though how very little came out in the first half of the year. I thought more games came out than that, but I guess most of what I reviewed this year were older games I just hadn't picked up before.

I didn't forget them, but they're disqualified since there's no ROMs available.
Final ROMs aren't available (as far as I know) for Simon's two games, Sync, Stella's Stocking or Melbourne Tatty.

Hm... you're right, that rule might drastically reduce the number of choices. I didn't think that through to the end. Let's forget about the availabilty of ROMs then, I'll just add them to the list :)

Hi,

I didn't forget them, but they're disqualified since there's no ROMs available.

Final ROMs aren't available (as far as I know) for Simon's two games, Sync, Stella's Stocking or Melbourne Tatty.

The ROM files of Raster Fahndung are available at http://www.quernhorst.de/atari

I have to add the downloads for Encaved, but the PAL file is available from the MiniGameCompo2007 website. It won the second place in the 4k compo.

Thanks,

Simon