IGNORED

Breakout 2000 Source Code

Curt Vendel

Is this a sign that we may one day see a rotary capable version of Breakout 2000 for the Jag? Wow.... I don't download these things (as I wouldn't have a clue to know what to do with them) but this news is amazing!!

Thanks Curt for releasing this stuff... should make coders VERY excited!

Hehe.....ask and you shall recieve.....looks like all that I said is now moot!

Do it someone!...shit if all goes according to plan, I'll have the contract work

done with in the next two weeks and then I'll look to see about adding rotary.

Do it someone!...shit if all goes according to plan, I'll have the contract work

And this Curt is what makes getting this source out there so cool. This game was always one that people said "Would be great, but needed rotary support".

Yeh this is awesome!

And this Curt is what makes getting this source out there so cool. This game was always one that people said "Would be great, but needed rotary support".

Yeh this is awesome!

Since I cant right now, anyone interested should look at 'paddle.c' in the sources.

Im pretty sure that is where you can tie in a rotatry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I just noticed this topic. Has anyone done anything with this yet?

For what it's worth, the code that actually moves the paddle with the joypad is in lines 330 to 344. Another section of code would need to be added in an else if block located between 229and 230. The rotary controller code would need to look at the last position of the controller and get an offset value that is used to set the paddle speed. The speed is then used to move the paddle.

Mario

PS

I've been working on a Windows version recently...

post-3177-1230925350_thumb.jpg

Edited by mperdue
  • Like 1

For what it's worth, the code that actually moves the paddle with the joypad is in lines 330 to 344. Another section of code would need to be added in an else if block located between 229and 230. The rotary controller code would need to look at the last position of the controller and get an offset value that is used to set the paddle speed. The speed is then used to move the paddle.

Mario

PS

Welcome Mario. :) Are you looking for an example of rotary code? Thanks for the pointers. :)

:) Mario Purdue! Hello! :D It's great to have you here. :cool: Breakout 2000 on the Atari Jaguar is a very cool game to play, I like to play it when I'm trying to just relax and have some good old school gaming fun. I tried writing to you at one of your email addresses I found on the net, but it must be outdated. I didn't know you were a member here. I wanted to ask you if you have any source codes saved :?: from your work on the Speedster II and Skycopter II Jaguar games that you wrote for Carousel International Corporations' Kiddie Rides??? They are now bankrupted and are dismantled and are no longer around anymore so I don't think it would be a problem. If you have the sources for those two games or anything usable related to them, I would love buy them from you, if needed, or maybe you could post them for the relatively small Jaguar community fans???

Since I just noticed this latest post, may I welcome Mario Perdue here?

I know, I know. He has been a registered member since always...

PS: Mario, will we see a Mac version as well?

I don't know that the PC version will ever see the light of day. I was just missing B2K and had a little time to play around over the holiday.

Mario

Mario

PS

Welcome Mario. :) Are you looking for an example of rotary code? Thanks for the pointers. :)

I couldn't use the code if I had it - I don't have any Jag development systems anymore.

:) Mario Purdue! Hello! :D It's great to have you here. :cool: Breakout 2000 on the Atari Jaguar is a very cool game to play, I like to play it when I'm trying to just relax and have some good old school gaming fun. I tried writing to you at one of your email addresses I found on the net, but it must be outdated. I didn't know you were a member here. I wanted to ask you if you have any source codes saved :?: from your work on the Speedster II and Skycopter II Jaguar games that you wrote for Carousel International Corporations' Kiddie Rides??? They are now bankrupted and are dismantled and are no longer around anymore so I don't think it would be a problem. If you have the sources for those two games or anything usable related to them, I would love buy them from you, if needed, or maybe you could post them for the relatively small Jaguar community fans???

I'm sure I have the source code but I'm not sure why anyone would want it. Surprisingly enough, they're both based on the B2K code - with a lot of extraneous stuff removed. I think I've got a prototype controller laying around here somewhere but I'm not sure exactly where. I don't think I have the steering wheel module but I'm pretty certain that the joystick version is collecting dust somewhere.

Mario