IGNORED

Donators Group

Primordial Ooze

I think it would be cool if there was a donators group for members who donate to the AtariAge Site. It can have some benificts similar to many sites like:

*Increased PM Storage

*Donator Member Title

*Special Member Rank Icon

*Different Color For Member Name

Some other ideas that may be included but, have to be discussed include:

*Bigger Attachment Storage

*Larger Signature

*5% Member Discount in the AtariAge Store

It could be done several ways including:

*One Time Donation of $15

*Monthly Subscription of $5

*Annual Subscription of $25

*Differnt Levels of Membership based on total donation, for example:

Donator: $10 One Time Fee

*Increased PM Storage to 50 PMS

*Donator Member Title

*Special Donator Member Rank Icon

*Red Member Name

Sponsor: $20 One Time Fee

*Increased PM Storage to 75 PMS

*Sponsor Member Title

*Special Sponsor Member Rank Icon

*Yellow Member Name

*3MB Attachment Storage

*Larger Signature

*5% Member Discount in the AtariAge Store

Sustainer: $30 Annual Fee

*Increased PM Storage to 100 PMS

*Sustainer Member Title

*Special Sustainer Member Rank Icon

*Blue Member Name

*5MB Attachment Storage

*Even Larger Signature

*10% Member Discount in the AtariAge Store

*Advance Notices of Sales and Special(Holiday Carts and limited run Homebrew Carts)

Of course this is just some ideas, so feel free to change them as you like. Please let me know what you think.

Sincerely,

Open Source Pong

I've actually considered doing something like this, but haven't really investigated it too much. I would not want to take away anything that's already available on the site for free, but instead extend and add new features for those who might want to be in a group that pays for them in some fashion. Doing things like allowing for larger attachments, larger PM inbox, visual differences in profile (like a different color member name and/or some icon) are all pretty trivial. Plus the forum already has a subscription manager built in (it's presently disabled). Tying this to discounts or special features in the store would also be relatively easy.

One thing I would NOT be doing is allowing for longer signatures (they are already too long in some cases, and I need to install a mod that limits them to three lines and no graphics).

..Al

(they are already too long in some cases, and I need to install a mod that limits them to three lines and no graphics).

..Al

Why would you want to do that?

I understand some people take advantage of this and I respect your decision entirely, i just don't understand it i dont think, Wouldn't it be easy just to make it user happy and add in a thing that will RESIZE the image to your desire ?

(they are already too long in some cases, and I need to install a mod that limits them to three lines and no graphics).

..Al

Why would you want to do that?

I understand some people take advantage of this and I respect your decision entirely, i just don't understand it i dont think, Wouldn't it be easy just to make it user happy and add in a thing that will RESIZE the image to your desire ?

Probably because signatures with images and/or lots of text are very annoying. It's supposed to be your signature not an ad campaign.

Mitch

I didn't know there was already a very big sig limit. Sorry for suggesting it. Anyways i didn't wanna make the donators too "powerful" so i posted trivial and basic benifict instead of "overpowerful" features. I thought having donations would help offset the costs of hosting the site.

Thanks,

Open Source Pong

If i donate now how do i get my benificts when its setup? Also which paypal address do i send the donation to?

Yup, you'll get all your benefits very soon...send me a PM and I'll give you my PayPal address. :D

Ha Ha Ha Very Funny, I'm being serious what paypal address do i send the donation to and how do i get credit for benificts?

Not to be a spelling cop but since you wrote it three times now*, I think you mean "benefits", not "benificts".

*The more something is spelled incorrectly the more people will think that's the right way to spell it, IMO (e.g. loose vs. lose, "would of" (not even correct grammar) vs. "would have", etc.).

Thanks for the correction, i really don't want to "buy" stuff but, rather "donate" the money. The reason i keep asking is because i think it would be cool if you could get some extra features from the site if you "donate" the money instead of paying for something that will give the site less commissions. For example if i buy Wolfenstein: VCS for $20 after the price of the cartridge, shipping and handling etc. is calculated the site will only get like $5 whereas if i purely donate it it will get the full $15 and since many of the features that i'm suggesting are already "built in" it wouldn't cost the site anything at all.

Sincerely,

Open Source Pong

Thanks for the correction, i really don't want to "buy" stuff but, rather "donate" the money. The reason i keep asking is because i think it would be cool if you could get some extra features from the site if you "donate" the money instead of paying for something that will give the site less commissions. For example if i buy Wolfenstein: VCS for $20 after the price of the cartridge, shipping and handling etc. is calculated the site will only get like $5 whereas if i purely donate it it will get the full $15 and since many of the features that i'm suggesting are already "built in" it wouldn't cost the site anything at all.

Sincerely,

Open Source Pong

Maybe he could set you up on a special exhorbitant, premium membership pricing matrix in the store...kill two birds with one stone.

• 11 months later...
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but it's been almost a year and i haven't seen any progress on this. Is this idea dead or is it coming soon?

Sincerely,

Primordial Ooze

I give it some thought every now and again. :)

I won't consider doing anything along these lines until a new version of the forum software is up and running here. That's probably going to be a few months.. I have been maintaining a nice list of benefits "donators" would get and periodically add something to it.

..Al