IGNORED

What is the best Atari 8bit machine you have in your home?

Allas

What is the best Atari 8bit machine you have in your home?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Choice what are the better machine you have for the existing software. Select the first option you get according.

• PAL computer with more than 128K memory
    • PAL computer with 128K
    • PAL computer with 64K
    • NTSC computer with more than 128K
    • NTSC computer with 128K
    • NTSC computer with 64K
    • PAL or NTSC computer with less than 64K

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I ordered the options according to the machines that cover most of the existing software (games, demos and applications). Try to select the first that cover with the specifications of a machine you have.

Maybe this poll would be useful for future developings (or sales).

NTSC 1200xl 512k sram, PAL ANTIC, where do I put that one :?: :P :D

The first option, because you can run programs as a PAL >128K computer.

Thought your machine is superior than that, the first option means you can run 100% existing software.

Edited by Allas

For a machine to use I have a 130XE with 320k, PAL ANTIC w/ NTSC GTIA (Nir Dary mod), and ANTIC switch circuit for special Antic extended RAM modes. But I also have a 512k 800XL, Blackbox, several 1200XLs, 1400XL and 1450XLD.

8bits are awesome!

In awe. :o

Please let me know if you lose you mind and decide to sell. I'll take out a loan. :D

I'd like to see my 256k and os controller card upgraded xl using the BW Dual Antic upgrade (BW=Bob Wooley)...I'm guessing that the BW upgrade worked on pal m/c's as well

other then that a sort of working a800 (white noise, wrong start up colours and bad tvi) and various xe's (incl one with 4 in 1 os)

All A8's are good machines....even though i didn't care much for the xl keyboard

Edited by carmel_andrews

Well, in a few days we reach 71 votes. And the results can be resumed as:

post-6191-1203482794_thumb.png

So, the first thing I can appreciate something that I suspect for years, most of the Atarians have machines with extended memory above the 128K. So that's the answer why many production use 256K or 320K. I'm wondered to see how many user have extended RAM machines. I remember at the 88's there are people extending his RAM machines, without exist any game or demo that work with more than 128K. Off course the applications or different OS as Sparta X have use of the extra RAM.

1200XL w/ 256K, Stereo Pokey, 32in1 OS, Basic C, PBI hack, Clearpic 2.1, 5v SIO hack. Soon to have internal SIO2PC.

That's quite a machine. I just finished the clearpic2 and Rambo 256k upgrades to my best looking 1200xl. Planning to add internal sio2pc as well, but I hate to modify the case. I may try something like removing the RF modulator and fitting a usb cable through the hole. I'd love to do an OS hack as well that would boot to a dos menu but that may be beyond my abilities.