IGNORED

Mattel Aquarius now on Ebay (starting at $50)

Red 5

It's hard to price these.

I've seen them go from anywhere between $100 to $400 (NIB). Like this.

Considering there were less than 20,000 ever made, you would think they would be worth more

but the unpoplularity of them knocks the price back a bit.

I would let the whole thing go for $175.00 I think?

Feel free to scream 'too high jerk!'

Or 'too low you idiot!'

(something tells me nobody would do that last one...)

Holy crap! I had no idea the Aquarius was getting any real money at all. I have a new-in-box Aquarius (not selling) but man, I got the thing for $30 a few years back. LOL!

Yep! Same here. I got mine for $37 shipped a couple of years ago :)

I sold mine for about $40 in 2006 (w/the mini-expander)

I got out of the "gotta collect 'em all" mentality and the Aquarius was a nuatural first to go. Funky looking both otherwise useless in every way.

Love those blue keys!

Holy crap! I had no idea the Aquarius was getting any real money at all. I have a new-in-box Aquarius (not selling) but man, I got the thing for $30 a few years back. LOL!

Yep! Same here. I got mine for $37 shipped a couple of years ago :)

I sold mine for about $40 in 2006 (w/the mini-expander)

I got out of the "gotta collect 'em all" mentality and the Aquarius was a nuatural first to go. Funky looking both otherwise useless in every way.

Love those blue keys!

Yeah these guys are strange when it comes to ebay. I got mine CIB like the one that went for 395.00 but it came with all the games released and I got it for 50.00 a few monthes ago. But like a week before that a similiar setup sold for 250.00 so its all over the place..... Good Luck

I was shocked to see some confirmation of higher prices for the Aquarius. Must be the dawning.

However, higher prices in this instance correlate with specifics. For example, a recent auction had the complete set in the large box, which is kind of harder to find than the system box- it was that set released with the expander and a few games. Having a sturdy outer box may be why more boxed hardware survives for this system than usual. That and it's underwhelming ability to encourage interest in computing. Also, a set with all (or as I suspect most) of the released titles would likely fetch more. There are a few impossibly difficult titles (probably only released outside the US) to get for the system.

I was happy to dump my spare boxed system with games on someone at CGE a few years back for $40 or less (can't recall, could have been $25, but I still would have been happy). I'm sure I've passed up a few marginally priced systems and probably even a few cheap ones since, knowing it wouldn't fetch much and would take up disproportionate space.

Even given the changing times, I'd be amazed to be able to sell a similar set for $100, and if I listed it on eBay I'd probably set my min at $50 and be thrilled if it sold.

Perhaps I'm living in the past, but I don't see high prices for Aquarius as sustainable.

I plugged you over at vintage-computer, I hope you sell it to a good home (I know it isn't a pet, but still). For such a system, $150 isn't bad imho.

Thanks for the plug!

Price lowered one last time before Ebay on Sunday night.

$125.00 shipped to US.

Pics added too.

post-5270-1204326334_thumb.jpgpost-5270-1204326354_thumb.jpg

I have a box for the system now.

I am waiting to get it before putting it on Ebay so if anyone wants it here, there is still a few more days.

I will include the box for $10.00 more (so $135 shipped).

2 or 3 years ago, I found a box of modums for this system. They were brand new and still shrinkwrapped. They sold for $8.00 each, and one of them went to England.

Tony

One of them also went to my house if it was you I bought it from :) I bought a shrinkwrapped one for about that price a couple of years ago from fleabay. Still sealed too!

• 2 weeks later...

$61, and I'm not at all surprised. Sets like this selling for twice that are anomalous, IMHO. Occasionally as a seller you get lucky and idiots pay too much, but mostly you can expect some average or market rate. I think you did just fine for an Aquarius set.

My old Aquarius setup. I found it in a Salvation Army store for 25 bucks back in 2002, it sold on eBay for $125 I believe. I should have kept it, it was complete with all the boxes and manuals. It came with a bunch of manuals (utopia and others if I remember correctly, but the games weren't there) I also remember that the system had bad RF interference with the 16K module attached.

post-219-1206571411_thumb.jpg

Edited by Osbo

I picked up one of these for $3 at gw back in 2006. When I sold it on e-bay I only managed to get $5+shipping. :( It was the Radofin version w/o the Mattel Electronics logo so I don't know if that made a difference or not. When I first saw it it was in a box and I passed on it. When I saw it the following day the box was mia but the styro inserts were still firmly attached to it so went ahead and picked it up.

These were being given a ways as prizes at land promotions and time share seminars around here in the late 80s. They touted it as a 'powerful' home computer. It was better than getting the 'professional' 35mm camera I guess but not by much. My dad used to go to these fairly often just to get the freebie and he a small collection of junky 35mm cameras and a couple portable b&w tv sets. He never did win the boat/car/$10k cash, but I somewhat suspect no one ever did.

post-7533-1206987656.jpg