IGNORED

I need help manufacturing Actionauts carts .. suggestions ?

rob fulop

So I've been patient for like three months and still it seems I can't get anything from the vendor who told me they could manufacture 2600 carts for Actionauts.

Anybody out there have any suggestions? Everything is ready to go ... code .. boxes .. labels, etc. But no carts .. I'm starting to get the feeling that if I put my eggs into a single source ... I'll never be able to fulfill orders

Either post, or private message me if you have any suggestions ...

Thanks,

Rob

Rob,

As I told you privately, I would not be able to start building Actionauts carts until after I finished getting all the AtariAge Store holiday orders shipped. Which I just finished up a few days ago. Then I said I would be taking a week off (which I am doing now), and after that I would be able to start making Actionauts carts. I've already given you a lot of help with getting the boxes printed (advice and assistance that you received for free) and answered many other questions you've had with regards to production.

I apologize for the overall delay due to the holiday orders, and I certainly did not anticipate it taking this long to get them out the door. But they are done and that is behind me, so I can now focus on Actionauts.

..Al

So I've been patient for like three months and still it seems I can't get anything from the vendor who told me they could manufacture 2600 carts for Actionauts.

Anybody out there have any suggestions? Everything is ready to go ... code .. boxes .. labels, etc. But no carts .. I'm starting to get the feeling that if I put my eggs into a single source ... I'll never be able to fulfill orders

Either post, or private message me if you have any suggestions ...

Thanks,

Rob

I'd say the Atari crowd is a really patient one and a few weeks (or even couple of months) delay will hardly minder the anticipation and enjoyment of a very promising new release! ;)

right, and we all know that Al is doing a great and reliable job... so let´s just wait a little more.

As someone who has been ordering AtariAge carts for years, who recently received one of the long-awaited holiday order packages (which was fantastic!), and who is on the Actionauts waiting list, I can wholeheartedly recommend that Al should be given the task of building these carts. The quality of his cart releases far surpasses what anyone else is doing. Yes, there can be a wait because his is a small operation, but the final product is well worth it!

I'll add to the request that you use Al and AtariAge to produce the cartridge. In the past, I have bought homebrew/repro carts from other sources - with less than satisfactory results. Every thing I have bought from AtariAge has been professionally produced - the carts and manuals mix in seamlessly with my original collection.

I'd say the Atari crowd is a really patient one and a few weeks (or even couple of months) delay will hardly minder the anticipation and enjoyment of a very promising new release! ;)

I agree. I think if you stick with Al and AA everyone will be happy with the end result. I know you are probably anxious for the game's release, and we are all anxious for it too.Waiting a while longer won't deter us from buying this game.I think we are all willing to wait longer to have a quality finished product.

Hi Rob,

Atari Age does do great work. From the cleanliness of the cart housings, to the quality of the boards, burned eproms, and labels, it all is really top notch. There are other manufacturers, but for this size of order, Al can handle it the easiest and you will be very happy with the results. Al stands behind each cart as well and has been doing it long enough to perfect his craft.

Al will do them. Things may have gotten delayed a tad, but I know you and everyone who orders a cart will be pleased at the workmanship of each cart. Al does great work!

Charles

Damit all I hope this does not put an end to Actionauts coming out soon!!!!!!!!!! I hope things can be worked out and no hard feelings between anyone. PLEASE.

:( :ponder: |:)

I second this! It's very exciting to think of a "new/old" 2600 game coming out. Here's hoping it comes with box and manual a la Saboteur!!

Albert doesn't let anything go out the door unless he's absolutely certain it's the best it can be. There's no one else to recommend.

OK, thanks for all those who responded. I get it.

Heh. Subtlety is apparently not an attribute of AtariAgers.

I have not not gotten the "second email" concerning Actionauts that some others have gotten. Has a a second email been sent to everyone or just some on the list? I also throw my hat in support of Al and AA mfg the carts. I am an Albertista to the core.

Funny RF should post tonight as I have spent the past couple hours switching between Missile Command and Colony 7, checking out the similarities and trying to figure out which I enjoy more.....It's a toss-up boys, I love both of 'em.

WP

I have not not gotten the "second email" concerning Actionauts that some others have gotten.

Didn't you have trouble getting the original email as well but then later find it in your junk box? You might want to check there.

Your memory is spot on :) I have however checked my junk mail box and my inbox without success, this time I looked in the junkmail first.

WP