IGNORED

AQUA HERO - 16k VCS WIP

MausGames

Trying to help with AG2 inspired me to get back on the horse and try yet again to create a game for the 2600. I've made it no secret that I don't really enjoy classic arcade games (I know, blasphemy around these parts), but it's the most achievable type of game for this system, and something I really need to conquer before I can move on to other genres.

So anyway, here is my current WIP Aqua Hero, which is an arcade game. The point of the game is to collect all the water that has been stolen from your planet by the Turgots, and bring it back home. I'm only a couple of hours into programming this, so there is still a LOT of work to be done. Here is the current version of 1 of at least 5 kernels that I'll have to create for the game. Cycles and variables are both almost gone, so it's going to be a tight squeeze, but I don't foresee any huge hurdles in completing this project.

post-9377-1205137729_thumb.png

In this part of the game you have to navigate a screen full of small rooms collecting containers of water. Every level will require that you collect a certain amount of water to move on. Avoid the moving walls, and press and hold Fire to create a portal that you can move to any wall. There is also a phantom portal that allows enemies and moving walls to navigate from room to room. I haven't added any enemies or powerups yet. There is also a timer , you'll be able to add more time by collecting stopwatches eventually.

This represents the hardest level with two moving walls and the most rooms. Also note that a second player can control the portal. There will also be a 2 player minigame.

Questions, comments, and suggestions are all most welcome.

AquaHeroWip1.bin

Edited by MausGames

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Mausi

Lookd great,let us hope,that it will be finished.You always show us,what you can do with Batari basic(really excellent work),but unfortunately not finished.

greetings Walter

Thanks. I hope I can finish this too, but there are still some bugs and problems with bB, and I still haven't learned asm. If I could release every bin of every game I have, there would be four times more homebrews released this year than last.

Here is a demo of the horizontal scrolling stages, all strung together. You can see one of the bad guys I'm working on, but you can't kill it yet, and it's only one of about 17 enemy types. Hold fire and press the joystick in any direction to fire. Press right to press through walls - This will be limited and tied to powerups in the next update.

post-9377-1206161333_thumb.png

AquaHeroHL1.bin

Edited by MausGames