IGNORED

Controller Games...

Hello folks,

here are some games and programs for certain non-standard Atari controllers, meaning anything but joystick (which is used for 90-95% of Atari games)... Let`s start with some public-domain TRACKBALL games (thus, Missile Command and Slime not included)... -Andreas Koch

Edited by CharlieChaplin

Well,

these are all the non-standard controller games I have... feel free to add yours !! Besides these games, I have some controller drivers, controller test-programs and application programs (most of them for the ST-mouse) in my collection. Let me know, if you also want to have them... -Andreas Koch.

Thank you Charlie! You saved me a lot of time. (I once promised Fandal to add mouse etc. support information to his archive and I guess it's time to do something... :))

BTW: I have just found an error in the Atari 8-bit FAQ: the Vanish game is not in the 5+6/93 issue, but in 7+8/93.

Does anyone know where to find the "kemaus.com" file? It isn't in the respective .atrs from ZONG, thus the mouse games don't work...

Are there any XL/XE games that support the CX20 driving controller, CX50/21/23 keyboard controllers or maybe even the AW203 Sears Video Arcade II combo joystick/paddle?

Well,

up to date I have not seen any XL/XE games for these controllers. The only thing I have is a "driver" for one of the keyboard controllers (written in Atari Basic, with some data lines)... you can find it on one of my driver disks...

Concerning the game KE-Game "Vanish" and a few others... Kemal published these games in ZONG magazine, but he sold an ST-mouse driver disk commerically. So, to use these ST-mouse games published in ZONG, one had to buy the ST-mouse driver disk... Luckily, me and Abbuc, we bought all the rights from Kemal, so now all of his programs are PD... including the ST-mouse driver disk... Did I forget to upload Vanish (maybe it is not in my ST-mouse collection) ?!?

Anyways, here are my driver-disks, controller utilities and controller-test-programs (including the KE ST-mouse drivers)... Besides, the KEMAUS driver can also be found on other KE ST-Mouse games, like e.g. Hong Kong, Macao XL, etc. and you can also find it on the uploaded mouse-disk-images MOUSE10.ATR (MacaoXL, here it is named KEMAUS.OBJ) and MOUSE17.ATR (this is the mentioned KE-SOFT ST-mouse driver disk; here the file is also named KEMAUS.OBJ)...

-Andreas Koch.

Edited by CharlieChaplin

Hmm,

I never owned a CX-85 and allthough I put together a list of programs (for the A8FAQ by Michael Current) that require or support the CX-85, I never collected such programs... So, I have only a very small collection of CX-85 programs... But one may enhance the collection with lots of programs from KE-Soft, Power per Post (Werner Raetz), Powersoft and other vendors from the past...

This is what I have for the CX-85 right now... -Andreas Koch.

What about the USB-Cart...

and controllers connected to it ?!? There were several drivers for different controllers and a few patched (commercial) programs available... Here is my collection of drivers and stuff for the USB-Cart... It is not up to date, maybe Carsten Strotmann or someone else can enhance/update this collection... -Andreas Koch.

Last not least,

there were lots of GUI`s (Graphic User Interfaces) or desktop-like programs available for the A8 - some of them support the ST-mouse (alas, some in port 2 and some in port 1)...

Here is GOE, Diamond GOS and SAM (the type-in listing from the german Atari Magazin, not the commercial version) for use with the ST-mouse... while Boss-X (by Mirko Sobe), ATOS (by Tom Hunt, not sure if it supports a mouse) and a few others are missing... -Andreas Koch.

Are there any XL/XE games that support the CX20 driving controller, CX50/21/23 keyboard controllers or maybe even the AW203 Sears Video Arcade II combo joystick/paddle?

I am programming a simple Turbo-Basic XL educational game (inspired by the VCS game Cookie Monster Munch) supporting CX23 Kid's controller.

In the next weeks I will open a thread regarding it.

• 5 weeks later...